Forums

Post your best miniatures here

Sort:
LightninHopkins
jetfighter13 wrote:

Another Traxler, very fun opening.

A good game against an unprepared opponent. 

6. Kf1 is supposed to be the more testing variation.

Ben_Dubuque

yeah Kf1 is a more testing defense, probably best.

FearIncarnate
An interesting blitz game against a student. Nowhere near optimal play from black but engine approved "perfect" play from white.
SheridanJupp

Nice one brov.

Ben_Dubuque

Bravo, since you seem to play the scotch what is your opinion of after exd4 Nxd4 d5

SheridanJupp

Here is a game I played as Black applying the Traxler I picked up in this thread :) Thanks for naming it batgirl...

I suppose this Ng5 move in the Italian will decrease in popularity now that I know about it hehehehe :D And what's the point of 5.Ng5 anyway? it looks dangerous but after 0-0, its just a wasted tempo. Nothing to worry aboot.

What do you know... the commentary with the moves didn't stick. Did I forget to press save somewhere?

Ben_Dubuque

To save your comments just click the move order :)

a brief look at why Ng5 is popular/has something for it.

Barefoot_Player

@FearInCarnate, et al,

Hmm  - I am just wondering what “...engine approved perfect" play from white” means. If “perfect play” means all the best moves were played by White, then it is saying that the Scotch opening (with 3.d4) is more perfect, or at least a better move, than the Ruy Lopez (3.Bb5). And five centuries of chess theory must be overturned. ;)

barefoot_player

Ben_Dubuque

Yeah, I think he means out of the opening.

SheridanJupp

This is "How not to play the Alekhine"... My opponent moved both Knights twice in the opening.... Is that normal?? What was he trying to do?

Ben_Dubuque

Generally after Nf6 you play e5 Nd5 d4 d6 c4 and Nb6. Then you have some choices as white

Ziryab
jetfighter13 wrote:

To save your comments just click the move order :)

a brief look at why Ng5 is popular/has something for it.

Bravo! Good annotations, jetfighter13.

SheridanJupp

Nice one. Reminds me of a trap in the Wayward Queen. It's a similar kind of mate there. That is when white insists on attacking f7 with the Queen in the opening. I have to look it up again. It was a good mate and I think its theory reflects your mate here. Well done :-) Perhaps you could refresh my memory about it?

SheridanJupp
[COMMENT DELETED]
Ben_Dubuque

Well that's not quite a mini. Its about25 moves too long

SheridanJupp

Oh crap! That's what a miniature is. Okay, it doesn't belong here.

Ben_Dubuque

Recent Mini

SheridanJupp

"Black is already setting up for the next game" hahahahahaha lol LaughingSurprised

Ben_Dubuque

Line I learned from Ben Finegold,

wolverine96