Forums

Post your best miniatures here

Sort:
mariosuperlative

1. e5 c5 2. Bc4?! gets the treatment I believe it deserves here (though further errors from my opponent are needed). Not a tremendously accurate game, but quick, to the point, and a nifty finish. 

edit: oops, I got our ratings the wrong way round. Oh well.
Barefoot_Player

mariosuperlative,

This game is not a miniature. The game is still not over.

Stating a side has a material advantage is not sufficient to claim a win and definitely not a miniature.

mariosuperlative
Barefoot_Player wrote:

mariosuperlative,

This game is not a miniature. The game is still not over.

Stating a side has a material advantage is not sufficient to claim a win and definitely not a miniature.

White resigned on move 23. That seems short enough to me. I think it is a reasonable resignation; the best case scenario looks hopeless for white. And regardless, a resignation is a resignation. 

Barefoot_Player

You're right - I was in a hurry and only read the least part of the game. My apologies to all!

Viens1
[COMMENT DELETED]
Viens1
cashcow8

I'm sure nobody reads other people's games, still:

tmkroll

(I read other people's games)

Viens1
Firethorn15

A couple of Vienna miniatures (two common traps) played just now.

mariosuperlative

Bowdler crushed again. More down to my opponent than me, but I find the quick development and immediate severity of the attack quite fun. And there are some interesting tactical lines. 

JoEvJohn
I just tricked him with giving up my bishop, so i could immediately fork his king and queen. He  resigned afterwards. This is just one from yesterday i think. I could tell he was pretty shortsighted when it came to moves, so i figured he wouldn't see the tactic.
ufmgambit06

I like and try going over pretty much everyone's miniature here, but I can tell there are a few snobs here and there. The way the cookie crumbles.

ufmgambit06

9 move trapped Queen. Black resigned. 

mariosuperlative

The computer told me this was almost perfect. My only "good" move, as opposed to "excellent", is exd4. Average centipawn loss of 2. I'm a crap player in general, but feels like a small victory lol. 

gchess33

Here's a fun one I just played in Blitz.

ufmgambit06

26 Mover :

gchess33

Here's another amusing one where I sacrificed my way to victory.

ufmgambit06

A silly mini. 7 mover:

gchess33

I find it very odd that some players rated around my level (~900) in Blitz play just as well as Computer Hard (rated ~1600), which I have beaten before. Then I see games by 1200 rated players in Blitz and often their play is worse. I heard that you can boost your Blitz rating to around 1000-1100 or so just by not hanging pieces but I'm stuck at 900 even with some strong attacks.