Forums

Traxler variation

Sort:
Philipper
The Traxler variation is a very sharp and exciting variation in the Two knights defense and a good alternative to the standard 4...d5. I have won a lot of games in this variation and it always makes me happy when I have the chance to play it! Today I played this little gem in a 3-minute blitz game on chess.com. Thoughts and comments are appreciated.

MSC157

Very very nice game! Long live the Traxler! :) When I'm playing Traxler, I just hope for 5.Nxf7 & 6.Kxf2 Laughing

My recent game:

Why did you label 7.Ke3 with "!"?

anpu3

Cool.  I've always liked the 2N's Def and this is an example of the fun Black can have.  Sometimes, that is.

Philipper
MSC157 wrote:

Very very nice game! Long live the Traxler! :) When I'm playing Traxler, I just hope for 5.Nxf7 & 6.Kxf2 

Why did you label 7.Ke3 with "!"?

Thanks for your kind words and a nice miniature you've played! I know according to theory 7.Ke3 gives White the best chances. 7.Kg1 is also good but more drawish.

Jenium
melvinbluestone wrote:

Thought you might be interested in a Traxler "swindle". In this case, I'm the victim, so to speak......

I  am a bit late. But what is a good setup for White in this line? Swapping off the knight on c6? Is this c3, d4 setupt White's best try to neutralize the bishop or is d3, Be3, Nbd2 better? Cheers!

Jenium

Where are you, Traxler players? I know you are there. You always go after me when I am trying to have a peaceful game of chess with a cup of coffee...

Jenium

Thanks for the suggestion. Cool article. Appreciated!