Forums

1600!!

Sort:
ChessStudent1986

FINALLY!! I have surpassed the 1600 mark in Blitz Chess. Just 4 months ago i had just passed the 1500 mark and was hoping to top 2000 over the next 6 months to a year. 100 down 400 to go...well 376 technically im sitting at 1624 currently:)

Vivinski

Nice, I don't think 2000 in 6 months is realistic but power to you.

I notice that my ratings really go up and down. But Im now over 1500 for maybe 2 months and find it harder to improve.

Don't be surprised if you drop back down a bit.

-waller-

10...Re8 FACEPALM.

To top 2000 you'll have to do more than get lucky with basic tactics. But good luck anyway.

ChessStudent1986
Vivinski wrote:

Nice, I don't think 2000 in 6 months is realistic but power to you.

I notice that my ratings really go up and down. But Im now over 1500 for maybe 2 months and find it harder to improve.

Don't be surprised if you drop back down a bit.

Well i said 6 months to a year and ive improved 124 points in just 4 months but the summer of 2011 i was roughly 900 or 1000 so in just 15 months iver gone from that to over 1600 so i think im on good pace to top 2000 at least within 1 year from now

ChessStudent1986
-waller- wrote:

10...Re8 FACEPALM.

To top 2000 you'll have to do more than get lucky with basic tactics. But good luck anyway.

yeah that is a serious facepalm with the rook move but the game is already lost in this one as soon as he castles because he gives up one of the pawns defending his king so he hasnt much options left to salvage the game. most logical move is Nf6 instead of castling long. However, i am familiar with all tactics not just basic tactics. I have memorized all that i play though which means i havent read nor do i understand the fundamentals of chess. Time and Space i have heard of quite a few times but i dont know what they are. So ive memorized variations and thats what i used to play and when that runs out i just play the best i can using tactics which if im in a superior position should help me win. Also i dont know anything about middlegame or endgame so im sure when im done memorizing and study up on Time and Space and middle game and end game strategy ill jump over 2000

ChessStudent1986
rmg97068 wrote:

First of all , good luck in your quest. Looked over some of your games especially your loses. In one short post theres no way I can say all the stuff I looked at that needs adjustment, so here are two simple suggestions to help you in your goal. You seem to play almost exclusivly 3 minute blitz chess. Well try both 5 minute and 10 minute blitz and see if you can think of something else to do almost everytime you go to move a pawn. There where tons of stuff you could have done instead of make some of those pawn moves.

Just keep in mind that going up in your Chess rating is like climbing a mountain. The higher you go the steeper things get. Your next 376 points are going to be like a zillion times harder than the previous 376( - not really but it may seem like it sometimes.)

Hope it all works out for you. 

Cheers, Becky

Ill keep that in mind. Thanks. And its actually 341 now i got up to 1659 shortly after this post. And what you are referring to is part of the strategy of the game which i said i dont know. i know nothing about pawn structures or space or time or anything about middlegame or endgame strategy and i only know how to successfully execute 1 checkmate pattern so after i learn all of that im sure ill be able to climb even above 2500.