Forums

Anand !

Sort:
ctt348

Does Viswanathan “the wrecking ball” Anand smash through Carlson next? Anand is standing on top of his head and making all-of-his distractors look like jokers. Major props to Anand to take all that grief about boring chess and then drop that bomb on Aronian – and you have to figure after the Kardashian shout out, Aronian was feeling too cool for school. Anand just brushed off the twitter slight and came to the board carrying a big stick of Bc5! Boom! Anand might not be the young lion in the valley but he sure can roar when he needs too. He still is the champ after all. (Side-note does anyone else notice Anand has the same personal clothing style as most US Dad’s circa Mid 80’s?) –Vishy keep rocking those huge glasses and short sleeve button down shirts, just as long as your blowing minds throughout the world-wide chess community.  Who needs a Kardashian shout-out when you’ve got game. Vishy came to play and I dare say, he’s just getting started. 

trysts

What's the "Kardashian shout out"?Laughing

stopandthink

You lost me at the end...but congratulations to him

blueemu
trysts wrote:

What's the "Kardashian shout out"?

http://sport.news.am/eng/news/17436/kim-kardashian-wants-to-learn-chess-from-levon-aronian.html

trysts

On Friday, Kim Kardashian tweeted, “I want to learn how to play chess. Wondering if Levon Aronian can teach me!”

Laughing

ctt348

I'm thinking if Anand beats Carlson he's going to whisper into Carlson's ear - "whose your daddy?" and walk away ! Vishy keeping up middle-aged men's dreams everywhere - even if we are only USCF 1200 !!!!

Shivsky
ctt348 wrote:

I'm thinking if Anand beats Carlson he's going to whisper into Carlson's ear - "whose your daddy?" and walk away ! Vishy keeping up middle-aged men's dreams everywhere - even if we are only USCF 1200 !!!!

That just sounds creepy when taken out of context.

Rnewms

OP- You can spell Viswanathan, but Carlsen is such an endeavor?  I wonder whose team you're on. Wink

ctt348

haha oh not that creepy - besides Anand would ascend to rockstar status if he beats Magnus - When has Aronian ever gone into a 45 minute think ?! Even Kramnick watching Tata Steel at home sat up and yelled, "Do Work Vishy, DO WORK !" (In Russian of Course).

ctt348

Oh Rnewms - haha - details details ...

hoedesack

another anand nuthugger thread.

let the carlsen dickriders join the discussion

waffllemaster
hoedesack wrote:

another anand **** thread.

let the carlsen **** join the discussion

I see you're trying awfully hard to get banned lately.

honinbo_shusaku

Anand's game vs Aronian was indeed remarkable. It is good to know that Anand till got what it takes to be a champion.

However, at the same time, we are reminded that it was actually part of Anand's home preparation and that he actually prepared it for someone else. I feel kinda sad to see how competitive chess has become more and more about home preparation and memorization. I am not blaming Anand for this. He had to do what he had to do, because everybody is doing the same thing. He would lose if he doesn't prepare. Nonetheless, it would have been better if chess returns to its old roots and becomes more of a thinking game than a memorization game. Perhaps Carlsen may help reverse this direction that competitive chess is going.

Thinking back, Rubinstein was indeed remarkable. I would probably put him on a par or slightly below Capablanca, but way ahead all others of his time.

beardogjones

How do grandmasters remember how the pieces move?

hoedesack

yo waffle, chill it, it's just that i'm tired of this bs

waffllemaster
beardogjones wrote:

How do grandmasters remember how the pieces move?

They don't always remember, but the trick is whenever that happens to just win with the pieces you can remember.  That's why you sometimes see players win games with their rooks still untouched for example.

beardogjones

Probably also why they rarely promote to a knight (it is hard to

remember how the crazy fella moves).

hoedesack

i have a litle "L" made of paper so i can remember how the knight moves. just put it on screen when you are not sure

waffllemaster

That's true, and with a queen, even if you forget how it moves, it can move to so many squares even a random move will probably be ok.

ctt348
hoedesack wrote:

yo waffle, chill it, it's just that i'm tired of this bs

Then don't read it - it was just a fun thread anyhow