Forums

Best Chess Site?

Sort:
magic_pluck

Certainly the best one I've come across, and I've played on a few (mentioning no names.) I'm so impressed with it, I'm pretty close to buying membership for the year and beyond and committing myself to genuinely improving.

The access you have as a free member is fantastic. One of your competitors won't even let you post in the forums unless you're a paid subscriber, which I think is just a bit spiteful. You can read them, but you can't post in them, and they are absolutely dead as a dodo. Cutting your nose of to spite your face, as we say in the U.K..

The site does seem to lag a bit, and that's where my one question comes in. Will it be a bit more 'streamlined' if I was to upgrade to the (for now) Gold membership?

Cheers all, Tommy. (magic_pluck)

DeepGreene

So glad you are liking it. I felt the same when I migrated here from another site about 4 years ago. :)

As for the lag issue, it shouldn't lag at all - but for a premium member the site will be faster to the extent that your pages won't have to load advertising content. Speed-wise, that's the only difference.

magic_pluck

I'm really liking it, thanks. The place is a breath of fresh air..

And maybe lag wasn't the right word, but yeah, you've answered my question there with regards to the adverts and stuff.

Cheers, Tommy.

derfuerer
[COMMENT DELETED]
scandium
magic_pluck wrote:

Certainly the best one I've come across, and I've played on a few (mentioning no names.) I'm so impressed with it, I'm pretty close to buying membership for the year and beyond and committing myself to genuinely improving.

The access you have as a free member is fantastic. One of your competitors won't even let you post in the forums unless you're a paid subscriber, which I think is just a bit spiteful. You can read them, but you can't post in them, and they are absolutely dead as a dodo. Cutting your nose of to spite your face, as we say in the U.K..

The site does seem to lag a bit, and that's where my one question comes in. Will it be a bit more 'streamlined' if I was to upgrade to the (for now) Gold membership?

Cheers all, Tommy. (magic_pluck)

I felt it was well worth keeping my diamond membership once the 10 day trial ended. Right now I'm only monthly, but so long as new quality content continues to be added regularly, I don't see myself ever cancelling it - and may at some point pony up for the yearly subscription.

There are some additional things I'd like to see added (mainly features to enhance the core Live Chess portion), but I'm patient and have little doubt improvements will continue to come over time.