Forums

Can i quit?

Sort:
Natalia_Pogonina

You don't need anyone's respect. Just listen to your heart.

AndyClifton

It's gonna tell you what to do

eddysallin
205thsq wrote:

Ive been playing on and off my whole life, never really knowing how bad or good i actually was. Until I get on here almost 2 years ago and realize In the grand scheme of things im not that good. which to me is unacceptable. I have to be "a decent player". I love this game too much to accept a "beginner rating". So my goal became to become an intermediate player. As of recently i hit 1500 in standard, 1400 in blitz, and 1200 in bullet. with a lot of games played in each catagory to truly justify those ratings.

So i ask you fellow chess players: Have i earned your respect? Have i met my goal of becoming an "intermediate" player? Can i quit satisfied that i have accomplished my goal?

As we all know the ratings on here are wierd. Sometimes inflated or deflated it all depends on the time control and who is cheating. And I accept i am not a natural at this game, and i know there are players rated much higher with little to no effort. So i leave it in your hands... the bloody mob! what say you? Am i a club level player? Have i proven i am not a novice?

What u fail to see.....outside of a select few.Me, u and the rest of the good people on chess.com forums are all in the same boat...We love a game but are unable to really play well. Relax and find enjoyment in something u care about--chess.