Forums

Common <1300 Profound Insights

Sort:
LikeTheLake
GambitExtraordinaire wrote:

Dear Chess.com Forums

I am a >1300 player and I have a profound insight into the game of chess that I absolutely must share with the world! I copyrighted it though because it's MINE.

In advance, I would like to completely disagree with all higher rated players who don't praise my finding. I would also like to insult their mothers.

My insight is one of the following!

The rules annoy me and need to be changed I have invented the best opening EVER I have discovered that chess is too easy/difficult and the rules need to be changed to fix this
I have discovered a universal one-stop method of winning chess Chess is too different frin other games like World of War Craft, and thus the rules need to be changed I have a very impressive game to show everybody that should shed some light on the beautiful complexities of Chess. Ignore the queen my oponent dropped on move 6. The players on chess.com don't behave properly and the rules of chess etiquette should be changed The well known and respected [insert name here] opening played by hundreds of GMs for decades and decades is flawed! It's so bad! I beat it with this strategy! Ignore the mate my opponent missed on move 7
CARLSEN IS TEH BEST and on a side note, I've been thinking this for a while but... The rules need to be changed.

What are your thoughts? Remember, unless you praise my findings as holy baby jesus, you are dead to me. DEAD TO ME.

It may be my idea but you post sounds like antipoetry to me.  Was that intended? In case the answer is no then read about antipoetry a bit, you are good at it, well... not that I am writer or anything, just my opinion.  Cheers.

SmyslovFan

Thanks for making me smile, Gamnit. Err.. Dam... Err... Gambit.

Shivsky
SlimReaper99 wrote:

What book to I read to become a GM?

You forgot to add:

"What warez site can I download it for free, plzzz"

GambitExtraordinaire
Victor-Servranckx wrote:

I have 1200 now, but will have 2000 in one year time and i will be a titled player 3 months later and i play blind every day, please like me....

Yeah, blind arrogance is quite common I see.

And a thread I just ran across, is of course, "Chess is all memorization"

Likhit1

I ran into a thread titled does a 1300 stand any chance at beating a 2700.

GambitExtraordinaire

Yes but that one at least the player was actually seriously wondering about it, instead of saying something like "I'm a 1300 and I think I could beat a 2700 easily"

AlCzervik

The "seriously wondering about it" is what is amusing.

AlCzervik

Yeah. One has to be at least 1350 to seriously consider winning against a 2700.

roymcg

Three pages of people making sarky comments about players with a lesser ability? Really?

How about retitling this thread "Common idiot suggestions"?

Someone's ability to be annoying has NO relationship whatsoever with their chess level. This thread is indicative of the high level of patronisation and smugness that means I never post on this site (this post being the exception that proves the rule).

Perhaps we could have Common >1300 Insights though...

"oh look, you're <1300, you will only have something worthwhile to say when you're as good as us".

(Just in case you're wondering, I can take a joke; I know this thread is humourous, but it's a shame that this attitude pervades so strongly and possibly prevents more people than just me from participating in the forum)

SmyslovFan

Roy, this thread is devoted to the thread makers who ask really irksome questions just to get people riled up. GambitE is not attacking people with lesser abilities, he's making fun of trolls in a rather humorous manner.

Irontiger
roymcg wrote:

Three pages of people making sarky comments about players with a lesser ability? Really?

Someone's ability to be annoying has NO relationship whatsoever with their chess level. This thread is indicative of the high level of patronisation and smugness that means I never post on this site (this post being the exception that proves the rule).

"oh look, you're

(Just in case you're wondering, I can take a joke; I know this thread is humourous, but it's a shame that this attitude pervades so strongly and possibly prevents more people than just me from participating in the forum)

The fact is, that kind of trolling comes more often than not from <1300. If it was the fact of the >1800 players, it would be aimed at them.

InfiniteFlash

Threads like these make lower rated players feel insecure about their play and their rating. There are some players that ask seemingly "dumb" questions out of curiosity, and through the will to learn. 

Other than that type in ,yereslov chess.com troll, into google, you will get an absurd amount of genius.

billyblatt
Irontiger wrote:
roymcg wrote:

"oh look, you're

The fact is, that kind of trolling comes more often than not from1800 players, it would be aimed at them.

SO SO SO true. They are like little children. They have so much problems. It is like they don't want to do anything by themselves... They don't want to learn...or read anything...

The best ones are over 1800, and even better are the ones over 2000. These 1300s, they don't even want to pay to become a diamond member so that they can use the tools.

What is up with that right??? 

They are so needy!!!! Always asking questions, looking for help? Gimme gimme gimme...

They shouldn't be playing if they don't know how. I mean the best players learnt everything by themselves. Take Fisher, that guy single handedly taught himself everything about chess and reached the supreme heights on his own. Nobody helped him! Nobody gave him anything for free. He was such an awesome human being, love that guy! He was so funny too, I read that if he found out you didn't know how to play chess, he wouldn't even talk to you...hahahha hilarious....

Yeah some of these guys are such slack jawed troglodytes...they deserve all the scorn they get, they are asking for it.

GambitExtraordinaire
roymcg wrote:

"oh look, you're

SmyslovFan wrote:

Roy, this thread is devoted to the thread makers who ask really irksome questions just to get people riled up. GambitE is not attacking people with lesser abilities, he's making fun of trolls in a rather humorous manner.

Thank you SmyslavFan, I couldn't have put it better myself. I am not attacking lower rated players, and I think if one examines my posts in the forums he'll find that I try to go out of my way to help the non-trolls who post legitamite questions.

Randomemory wrote:

Threads like these make lower rated players feel insecure about their play and their rating. There are some players that ask seemingly "dumb" questions out of curiosity, and through the will to learn. 

Other than that type in ,yereslov chess.com troll, into google, you will get an absurd amount of genius.

LongIslandMark wrote:

As a well below average rated played, I didn't think this thread was making fun of lower rated players -  I even chimed in. As a rule, what I've seen on this site is anyone, including lower rated players, tend to get serious responses to serious posts.

To me, it was more making fun of those players that think they have found some magical solution not backed up by facts, or continue to demand that all the other posters agree with them even though they present no evidence.

Thank you LongIslandMark. I appreciate your support and I want to reiterate that my intention was not to come down on lower rated players like yourself.

It just happens that the majority of unhelpful trolls on this site seem to be lower rated. This is obviously a generalization and I don't mean any offense.

Perhaps a better title to the thread would have been "Common Troll Insights" or something along those lines.

ACWolfpack
SlimReaper99 wrote:

I just thought of one other that might be added to your list..."I was playing this other 1200 and he was clearly using Houdini to cheat, it's the only way he could have beat me!"

I know, I'm not much higher than 1200, but a little self-deprication was in order.

Use chess.com's computer analysis program to expose a cheat.If your opponant gets a perfect score i.e. no innacuracies, mistakes, or blunders you can be virtually certain Houdini, Fritze or other chess engine were used.

GMegaMan

the thread should of ended with billyblatts post.

Irontiger

Oh yes, we almost forgot this one :

"I can't win with Black / White"

StampNut
Bulging_Bishop wrote:

I get physically then emotionally distressed being white let alone black when i have to consider 1 of 16 openning moves.

Actually it's 20, but I'm just nitpicking.

billyblatt
Irontiger wrote:

Oh yes, we almost forgot this one :

"I can't win with Black / White"

rotflmao.... good one ....

how about this one:  I once played against [insert grandmasters name] and drew/won/lost....so now I know what it all means...

keep em coming, this is so hilarious!

billyblatt
GambitExtraordinaire wrote:

Thank you LongIslandMark. I appreciate your support and I want to reiterate that my intention was not to come down on lower rated players like yourself.

That was the funniest by far!!! lol hahahahhhaaaaaaa