Forums

Does strategy mean anything in 10:0, 15:10 games?

Sort:
PureAeternus

So apparently people say rapid games are just tactics... and strategy is really minimal... but then people also say tactics flow from a superior position..... so doesn't that contradict?

PureAeternus

so are you saying strategy is important? it seems in the first half of your post you imply strategy isn't important, but then in the 2nd half you suggest the opposite. 

im considering not even bothering reading the middle game books i have (reasses your chess, my system) and just spending all my chess studying time on tactics problems

Xilmi

I thought that all the moves that don't directly relate to tactics are considered strategical moves.

And whenever I think stuff like: "Now I shall concentrate my pieces on the King side and then push it down" or "I have a passed pawn, now let's try to force the opponent to sacrifice a piece to kill it" that kinda counts to strategy.

And since I certainly think stuff like that in my usual 15|10's I cannot really agree on the topic.

I mean "Development", "Pawn-Structure", "Outposts", "Space-Advantage", "King Safety" that's all strategic and certainly gets considered by most players even in shorter time-controls.