Forums

Dropped by 800 points on Tactics Trainer

Sort:
Campione

From a high of 2726 a few months ago to 1900 now. I've lost most of those points this week. It won't give me anything other than 17-1800 level problems and so it's incredibly difficult to get the points back, I end up rushing, still get most of them right, but one wrong answer drops me right back.

This is incredibly frustrating, particularly as I pay to use this facility. I don't think I'm being arrogant in thinking 1900 is a bit low of a tactics rating for me - I was rated above 2500 for more than a year. 

Anything I can do to get a better spread of problems?

Returnofcookiemonster

How did you manage to pass the beginner test without dropping any points its where you have to move each piece to the correct square it was hard for me cause whenever i tried to move the knight to a certain square id end up getting the wrong answer

Campione

Thanks WebZero. Good to see I'm not losing my mind. It's really driving me crazy. Just had a session where I solved 19 out of 20 - most with a score of more than 90 per cent - but because I got one ambiguous problem wrong, I'm still in the 1900s. 

It's not really the rating that bothers me, just that I miss the really challenging problems. 

roscoepwavetrain

not a fan of the scoring on the tactics trainer. seems very punitive. also, some of the problems don't make sense in that they want you to make a move that wouldn't be the best for survival.