Forums

How is this even possible?!?!?! Please, can someone explain this?!

Sort:
Bunny_Slippers_

Of course I've seen this opening lots (ok, way too much), but never knew it was called the Parham. So who was Mr. Parham and does the poor guy's family tend to downplay his shining contribution to chess?

As for me, occasionally I enjoy watching a couple of real ~800 rated players play, as I stand there with clenched fists screaming at the monitor "HIS ROOOOOOK, IT'S RIGHT THERE, SNAP IT OFF!!! NOOOOOOOOO, NOT THE PAWN!!! AAYYIIIIIEEEEE!!

waffllemaster
LongIslandMark wrote:
TheGrobe wrote:
LongIslandMark wrote:
Is the Parham inherently weak, or is it in ill-repute because mostly lower-rated players use it?

Yes.

I assume you meant that as a "yes" to both questions - I think, however, the folks are having fun debating it.

Well, not so much folks, as the one guy that make another account every so often and baselessly promotes it.

corrijean
waffllemaster wrote:
LongIslandMark wrote:
TheGrobe wrote:
LongIslandMark wrote:
Is the Parham inherently weak, or is it in ill-repute because mostly lower-rated players use it?

Yes.

I assume you meant that as a "yes" to both questions - I think, however, the folks are having fun debating it.

Well, not so much folks, as the one guy that make another account every so often and baselessly promotes it.

I think LongIslandMark missed out on the Parhamites.

corrijean

How long ago was that, anyway? They haven't been around much for at least a few months?

corrijean
MuAlpahTheta wrote:

How is this even possible?!!?  I was shocked I could come up with something, I know we both suck, but still, how can this happen?! We're both around ~950 and I'm playing Black.

That is a wild game. Laughing

MuAlpahTheta
corrijean wrote:
MuAlpahTheta wrote:

How is this even possible?!!?  I was shocked I could come up with something, I know we both suck, but still, how can this happen?! We're both around ~950 and I'm playing Black.

That is a wild game. 

Wow, an original thread!  Laughing thanks, though it was pretty bad on my part I admit

corrijean
MuAlpahTheta wrote:
corrijean wrote:
MuAlpahTheta wrote:

That is a wild game. 

Wow, an original thread!  thanks, though it was pretty bad on my part I admit

I enjoyed your annotations. They are funny. I can just imagine thinking the same way myself after a blunder. My husband calls it the "hair on fire defense."

Minecrafter2613

corrijean
LongIslandMark wrote:
corrijean wrote:
waffllemaster wrote:
LongIslandMark wrote:
TheGrobe wrote:
LongIslandMark wrote:

Yes.

I think LongIslandMark missed out on the Parhamites.

In case anyone misreads your post, for the record I'm not making a new account ever. I read your post as referring to someone else, but I also see where it might get misinterpreted.

And to you other point, I did miss the Parhamites - but maybe enough was enough.

Thanks for clarifying my post. Your interpretation is definitely correct.