Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

How to win every chess game


  • 5 years ago · Quote · #1

    NKB3

    In every chess game, there are only two moves which a player will choose.   It's either he will choose the good move or the bad move.   As long as he could always find every good moves, he could never lose a chess game.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #2

    FlowerFlowers

    oh

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #3

    Chessroody

    It sounds to be true, but wait! What about if your opponent is a lot better chess player than you are and easily turn your good move into bad? A good player can force his opponent to commit mistake which the latter is not fully aware of because as far as he is concerned everything is alright. That's how chess is supposed to be played, don't you think so?

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #4

    Chessroody

    To win every chess game is quite a feat  --you need to posses under your sleeves every trick in the book, excellent mental conditioning, intuition and a fighting heart.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #5

    NKB3

    @Chessroody:  Every good move could never become a bad move.  Therefore there could never be  mistakes in all good moves.  If your opponent is much better than you are, but you always find every good move, chances are, you end up playing with that better chess player in a draw.  So, we don't have to worry if our opponnent is a super GM or a world chess champion.  As long as we find that good moves for every move we make, we could never lose a chess game.  Maybe a draw... Satisfied?      

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #6

    Zuho

    To win every chess game, play only with people who are 3 years old. I can tell you it really works.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #7

    Dragec

    NKB3 wrote:

    In every chess game, there are only two moves which a player will choose.   It's either he will choose the good move or the bad move.   As long as he could always find every good moves, he could never lose a chess game.


    this sounds like an advice from Alan Ford comics : I you want to win you must not lose Cool

    and BTW, you should change the headline, because you did not say how to win every game, just how you can't lose.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #8

    Estragon

    Dang!  Of course!

    Just play all good moves, and you win!  Why didn't I think of that long ago?

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #9

    Dragec

    Estragon wrote:

    Dang!  Of course!

    Just play all good moves, and you win!  Why didn't I think of that long ago?


    He must have shouted Eureka once he thought of it.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #10

    volney

    NKB3 wrote:

    In every chess game, there are only two moves which a player will choose.   It's either he will choose the good move or the bad move.   As long as he could always find every good moves, he could never lose a chess game.


    I agree with your thought, you always have to remember that the good move depends on what will happen in future moves if you take that move now!!! therefore, if you can foresee your opponent's move with the enough accuracy you have great posibilities to win every game! 

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #11

    Twobit

    Somebody who is a much better player than me (Dan Heisman, maybe?) said: "If you found a good move, look for a better one!" And, there are always so many bad moves (I always find them), how can you be sure you found the worst one? The easiest solution, winning with a single move would be simply to remove your opponent's king from the board. Why waste time with anything else?

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #12

    orangehonda

    Amateurs find good moves when there is only one thing to do.

    Pros find good moves when there are many things to do.

    That's the trouble.  When there are many "good" moves, what then?  Only the result of the game (and analysis) will prove whose moves were more correct (i.e. there's no way to tell before hand).  That's part of the excitement of an evenly matched game.

    Not that I didn't recognize the trolling.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #13

    orangehonda

    Twobit wrote:

    Somebody who is a much better player than me (Dan Heisman, maybe?) said: "If you found a good move, look for a better one!" And, there are always so many bad moves (I always find them), how can you be sure you found the worst one? The easiest solution, winning with a single move would be simply to remove your opponent's king from the board. Why waste time with anything else?


    Lasker's quote, if I remember.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #14

    Crosspinner

    Even Mr. Spock didn't win every game.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #15

    AnthonyCG

    That would be great if only two moves were possible in every situation...

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #16

    -waller-

    NKB3 wrote:

    In every chess game, there are only two moves which a player will choose.  


     Look again at this part of your argument.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #17

    heinzie

    Chess moves aren't as easily defined as "good" and "bad". The only universally good "type" of move delivers checkmate - the rest of the moves are just keeping up appearances and trying to live up to expectations ...

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #18

    JoseO

    Assuming of course that I got to play as white and made the absolutely best possible move on each and every move, the absolute best thing that black could do would be to draw. Assuming that chess is ever solved (i hope it never is) it might turn out that the game is a draw assuming both sides made the best possible move at each point.

    The problem is that as humans we do not make the best possible moves at each and every turn. Sometimes we make moves that while not bad moves made not have been the best possible move given the board position.

    This is what keeps chess interesting. The fact that you can always improve; even games that you have won might have been won easier if other moves have been chosen.

    Imagine if chess were like tic-tac-toe where the best moves always resulted in a draw. There would be no reason to play the game since it would get boring knowing that you knew the end result before the game ever started.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #19

    dnleary

    genius!

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #20

    yoshtodd

    Likewise, always hit a home run if you are a baseball player. If you play basketball, never miss when you shoot, no matter where it's from on the court. I could go on and on with this good advice, but I'll stop here.


Back to Top

Post your reply: