Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

I just lost to a player 440 points higher than me. Any suggestions?

• 12 months ago · Quote · #1

chessteenager

on how i can study and improve my game? This was a 15 minute match with no incriment

• 12 months ago · Quote · #2

dashkee94

The toungue-in-cheek suggestion is to not play people rated 440 points higher than you.  Wink

• 12 months ago · Quote · #3

Estragon

I no longer give White the chance to play a King's Indian after 1 c4.  1 ...e5 is just fine for Black - no, you don't have to transpose into a "Sicilian Reversed" line.  1 c4 e5  2 Nc3 Nc6  3 g3 g6  4 Bg2 Bg7 5 d3 d6 6 Nf3 and now Black can choose between the solid ...Nf6, the aggressive ...f5, or hedge his bets with ...Nge7.  White has nothing, basically.

No measurable space advantage with a central d4-d5, no Queenside advantage, no nothing.

The way you played seems okay until ...Bg4.  There isn't really a point, of course White plays Qd3, a strong and useful move.  Instead, just ...Bh3 and trade the LSBs if you are determined to attack the King, and why invest all those moves with ...Qd8-a5-h5 etc. if you aren't attacking. 

Once White plays 1 c4, there should be no question of allowing him to transpose back into a 1 d4 line where he has reasonable chances of creating an advantage. 

Post your reply: