Forums

I play better when I listen to Mozart

Sort:
red-lady
pfren wrote:

Ummm, I have heard countless interpretations of Bach's cello suites in all kinds of instruments- including viola da gamba, and double bass.

Pierre Fournier's interpretation is by far the most accurate, lovely, danceable I have heard (just remember- those solo pieces were actually written as dance/lounge pieces!). Absolute magic.

Rostropovich is a rather distant second, and Janos Starker (he left us a few months ago) is technically perfect, but a tad dry, sentimentally-wise.

How could I forget Fournier?Embarassed I agree, it is breathtaking but there is something in the way Jacqueline plays that always grabs me by the throat. It could be just me, I don't know, but it feels like she knew there wasn't much time to do what she had to do. Like a layer of pain, if I can describe it like that, something you can't really define. It's hard to explain.

indian1960

ok.....its monday.....i burnt my pastry this morning.....and now you found that one song to lift me up....Thank You Pelli ! ( I think i'll play it again now !)

pelly13

@Indian1960 ,

I'm guessing it's the piano part (classical) you like in Martha.

This also has such an intro :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUprWGzYYeQ

pelly13

@Ron-Weasley :

I like to read a good book while I play chess. Preferably Shakespeare or sometimes a Donald Duck will do . Recently I lost a game reading Homer (Greece)  because I missed a check during the bathroom scene , but what the heck , you can't have it all.

Instead of providing reduntant information about your highly developed and delicate taste of music , you could simply have asked : Is it legal to have a headphone on my head when playing chess in an OTB tournament ?

pelly13

..... aaaahhhhtssssjjuuuuu ...

Eseles

i play better when i listen to... pfren Wink

indian1960

and Pelly ? I listened to Frank Zapper. He's, uh, interesting to say it mildly. Kind of all over the place....like "whats coming next ?"

pelly13
indian1960 schreef:

and Pelly ? I listened to Frank Zapper. He's, uh, interesting to say it mildly. Kind of all over the place....like "whats coming next ?"

Well 'scuse me ma'am , name's Zappa ....  Frank Zappa ma'am ......

Yes , he is unpredictable , that's what I like about him. And the music , oh the music and the lyrics. He is considered to be one of the best composers of the 20th century.

JON-El-83

Yes.. I discovered this like 20 years ago when I beat my dad.. which seemed impossible.. he  peonbably rates around 1800-1900. The music.was playin loud on the second floor (I putted) while we were playing on the first floor. It was eigher Bach or Mozart.. I think it was Mozart.

We were playing a long game btw like say one hour or so.

Then I forgot about it..until now. I will start to aplly it again (mozart and Bqch only) and see how it goes.