Forums

Is Morozevich the new Tal?

Sort:
isauro2013

Watching his games, and his openings, he is amazing! Today he dispatched Judit Polgar in 26 moves!

Crazychessplaya

Moro's career took a turn for the worse a few years back. He's now just another strong GM, without a realistic chance of becoming the WCC.

AyoDub

Just another strong GM, another strong 2700 GM. They're like pennies hey?

Crazychessplaya

That's why there is the term "super GM."

AyoDub

I wouldn't call any super GM ''just another strong GM''

Crazychessplaya

Me neither.

cornbeefhashvili

Where was this thread a few years ago?

isauro2013
Crazychessplaya wrote:

Moro's career took a turn for the worse a few years back. He's now just another strong GM, without a realistic chance of becoming the WCC.

The idea of becoming "world champion" is quite silly. And once you become world champion then what?Become world champion to the second? The third?

Instead the idea of creating beautiful pieces of art, like Morozevich does, that is quite more meaningful.

Bronstein was similar in this endeavour.

I admire the pieces of art in the museum, while other people, like the one above, just watch the price tag, and think: if this masterpiece cost 3 million, and that 200 thousand, this is better.

Unfortunately he doesn't see the art at all, just numbers. He will never "experience" life, just the numbers.

MuhammadAreez10

Tal was stronger; Morozevich can't be judged on behalf of a few games.

Crazychessplaya
isauro2013 wrote:
Crazychessplaya wrote:

The idea of becoming "world champion" is quite silly. And once you become world champion then what?Become world champion to the second? The third?

Instead the idea of creating beautiful pieces of art, like Morozevich does, that is quite more meaningful.

Bronstein was similar in this endeavour.

I admire the pieces of art in the museum, while other people, like the one above, just watch the price tag, and think: if this masterpiece cost 3 million, and that 200 thousand, this is better.

Unfortunately he doesn't see the art at all, just numbers. He will never "experience" life, just the numbers.

You infer too much from my post. "Getting there is half the fun" - I quite agree. Nonetheless, at some point in the past, Moro was making an effort to get the WCC title. He did not succeed, and it is unlikely he will succeed. That's all I am saying. I'm not judging him...

SchillachiUchiha

TAL is tal.. When it comes to attacking combination and tactical play, i dont think till date anyone has surpassed him, with all due respect to all the other great GMs, but the way he played was just magical, again Moro is an awsome player but tal is a long way to go for him.. Although i would have loved to see carlsen vs tal, oh what a match that would be, clash of the tactical geniuses!!