Forums

my idea for a perfect chess movie

Sort:
bean_Fischer

Have you ever seen MAtrix Trilogy? Or where do you get the idea?

PhoenixTTD

Maybe it can be a remake of Wargames instead of tic tac toe the computer solves chess and learns the only winning move is not to play.  Or it could be like Terminator and the computer will kill you if you lose.

AndyClifton

And a dopey fat kid who's always eating pizza and falling down.

TheBigDecline

Something like 2001: A Space Odyssey, but HAL, the computer system which keeps the crew alive, has become bored and corrupted the auto-pilot so that the ship would fly in circles, thereby forcing the crew to play Chess with him for all eternity. But when the food supplies run low, the inconspicuous Psychic Damien (I'm not good at naming characters) proves to be last glimpse of hope for them all, by putting HAL to its last, ultimate test ...

PG-13.

DrSpudnik

Splunge!

AndyClifton

discoweasel

So much Cleese, so little time.

DrSpudnik

...Doris Dog goes up to Rock Tree and she piddles on him...

TurboFish

During the final chess battle in Iceland between the nerdy kid and the evil supercomputer, the ghost of Bobby Fischer should make a cameo appearance.

Returnofcookiemonster

lmoa this shit is brillllliant!!!!

http://youtu.be/3DPKf7y1F-Q

Derekjj
returnofxpchesser wrote:

For awhile ive been playing chess. I know there are movies out there about chess like finding bobby fischer or so called chess movies. And i got to thinking, since there was a documentary about how kasparov played against deep blue and how computers are becomming more predominate in the chess world have strengths up to 3000.

I was thinking that there should be a chess movie set in the near future where a artificialized computer called houdini 9.0 has wrecked havoc in the chess world where nobody has beaten this computer, well hidden in the world there is this talented like child, with the skills of bobby fischer, magnus carlsen, and gary kasparov comes up in the world and challenges this artificial life form of a computer.

So what do you guys think would you watch this movie :)

Stupid.

Xilmi
waffllemaster wrote:
Xilmi wrote:

I watched "Computer Chess Competition" today.

And I gotta say while the film had it's heights (like the Backyard Professor guest-starring),

?

Really?

See it for yourself! http://youtu.be/ctocIIQqEgA?t=10m49s

Returnofcookiemonster

just by playing chess and thought. Heck there should be a really good chess movie so people can watch. and be motivated to play chess.

bean_Fischer wrote:

Have you ever seen MAtrix Trilogy? Or where do you get the idea?

MSteen

The epic encounter is about to begin, but we realize too late that the computer is housed the the caldera of a supposedly extinct volcano--and the evil Dr. Nyet, a reclusive albino who spends most of his screen time petting his cat, has a plan to rise to world domination through the use of the chess prodigy's prodigious genius.

He tells the kid that, if the computer wins, it will complete a circuit that will trigger an atomic bomb that will go off in exactly one hour after the circuit is closed. And we can tell it's exactly one hour because great big red numbers on the side of the bomb will begin counting down to the fatal moment. If the computer loses, however, a flag will pop up with the message "BOOM" on it and the world will be saved.

The game begins and we can tell our hero is thinking furiously because beads of sweat break out on his forehead (due in part to the heat in the volcano) and he chews his fingernails. But just as he seems to have the computer on the ropes, a rumbling is heard deep beneath the earth. The volcano has awakened. Will the kid be able to beat the computer before the volcano blows up and triggers the mechanism anyway and the clock begins ticking down? And can the clock even operate when it's covered in lava?

And even if he wins and saves the world and the rumbling is just a subway coming in, can he avoid the rap for shooting his landlord?

Tune in next Saturday for the exciting conclusion.

Returnofcookiemonster

http://youtu.be/j5-yKhDd64s

MSteen wrote:

The epic encounter is about to begin, but we realize too late that the computer is housed the the caldera of a supposedly extinct volcano--and the evil Dr. Nyet, a reclusive albino who spends most of his screen time petting his cat, has a plan to rise to world domination through the use of the chess prodigy's prodigious genius.

He tells the kid that, if the computer wins, it will complete a circuit that will trigger an atomic bomb that will go off in exactly one hour after the circuit is closed. And we can tell it's exactly one hour because great big red numbers on the side of the bomb will begin counting down to the fatal moment. If the computer loses, however, a flag will pop up with the message "BOOM" on it and the world will be saved.

The game begins and we can tell our hero is thinking furiously because beads of sweat break out on his forehead (due in part to the heat in the volcano) and he chews his fingernails. But just as he seems to have the computer on the ropes, a rumbling is heard deep beneath the earth. The volcano has awakened. Will the kid be able to beat the computer before the volcano blows up and triggers the mechanism anyway and the clock begins ticking down? And can the clock even operate when it's covered in lava?

And even if he wins and saves the world and the rumbling is just a subway coming in, can he avoid the rap for shooting his landlord?

Tune in next Saturday for the exciting conclusion.

AndyClifton
DrSpudnik wrote:

...Doris Dog goes up to Rock Tree and she piddles on him...

Wow, a guy who's even more allusive than I am! Laughing