Forums

why do i always loose?

Sort:
Sincostan
[COMMENT DELETED]
stueylee

I'm not an expert or anything but moving your queen out on the fifth move into such cramped space seems pretty pointless, as you then end up having to move it around the board to safety, leaving your other pieces undeveloped.Maybe I'm wrong though!

Sincostan
pfren wrote:

In that game taking the pawn involves some risk due to the development lag. Anyway, white should still be a bit better, but it's risky for a 5-minute game. A better move would be 7.Bf4, which develops with a threat.

im not looking for the game analysis, just why im playing so badly all of a sudden

GhostNight

Try playing longer timed games  like at least the 30 min ones. You are not a bad player at all, just need to have more time to look at you next move possibility?   I recently lost to a 1100 rated player because I did not know I was in a 2min game. These fast games are not the making of a strong chess player, that is why world chess championships are not 5 min games!   Cheer up, home your skills with longer games.

nameno1had

I think pfren was onto something when he meantioned your amount of time to clearly think about your move choices. I saw atleast 3 moves I probably wouldn't have made, if i had to choose in those situations. Try to play longer games, slow down and choose the best move. I think you are in such a big hurry to win, that you aren't looking far enough ahead, before your makes your moves, at what the full extent of the consequences will be.

Sincostan
chrisr2212 wrote:

are you playing much faster than you used to, or with less enjoyment ?

time control is the same, roughly same time for moves, also probably less enjoyment, yes

DmitriNet
Sincostan wrote:
pfren wrote:

In that game taking the pawn involves some risk due to the development lag. Anyway, white should still be a bit better, but it's risky for a 5-minute game. A better move would be 7.Bf4, which develops with a threat.

im not looking for the game analysis, just why im playing so badly all of a sudden

It could be that you got bored with chess.

I'd recommend to play in a different style to get yourself interested again.

Sincostan
DmitriNet wrote:
Sincostan wrote:
pfren wrote:

It could be that you got bored with chess.

I'd recommend to play in a different style to get yourself interested again.

What, like play really aggressive?

Sincostan
GhostNight wrote:

Try playing longer timed games  like at least the 30 min ones. You are not a bad player at all, just need to have more time to look at you next move possibility?   I recently lost to a 1100 rated player because I did not know I was in a 2min game. These fast games are not the making of a strong chess player, that is why world chess championships are not 5 min games!   Cheer up, home your skills with longer games.

thanks alot great advice i will use

Dutchday

When you're in a rough spot, just develop your pieces and don't try anything fancy, like with the queen. When all your pieces do something, it's easier to spot opportunities and defend. Also, look for the basic threats. Checks, takes, and attacks. That's not only for your side, but also when you're figuring what the opponent will do after your move.

Do your tactical puzzles regularly, and soon you'll be playing with more confidence again.