Forums

Will he resign, or not?

Sort:
mtguy8787
[COMMENT DELETED]
mattattack99

I don't know if chess.com let's you claim a draw by 50 move rule, but I would be careful to include a pawn push every 49 moves.

yakushi12345

pretty sure you can claim by 50 move so be careful

mattattack99
yakushi12345 wrote:

pretty sure you can claim by 50 move so be careful

In one of my recent games I couldn't.

Loomis

Aren't you just giving this guy what he wants? He wants to put off losing as long as he can and you're letting him put it off longer. What exactly do you think you're accomplishing?

mattattack99
Loomis wrote:

Aren't you just giving this guy what he wants? He wants to put off losing as long as he can and you're letting him put it off longer. What exactly do you think you're accomplishing?

You've got a point, it doesn't really matter if he will resign. You can win whenever you want.

goldendog

I thought discussion of ongoing games was forbidden.

Teary_Oberon

Well the official drawing rules are:

1. A player declares a draw if the same exact position is repeated three times (though not necessarily three times in a row)
  2. Fifty consecutive moves have been played where neither player has moved a pawn or captured a piece.

It is 50 moves from the time that you last moved a pawn, which was move 56 (and not 50 moves from the start of the game).

=edit=

Sorry, I kind got into discussing the game instead of just rules. Play however you want, but just be aware of what the draw rules are.

Loomis
Teary_Oberon wrote:

Also, it is 50 moves from the time that you last moved a pawn

or a capture. Black can force white to capture pieces a couple times.

IPA_Drinker

I have no respect for the poster.  Stop trying to gloat about your poorly played victory.

caiquelira
in fact, supposing that your opponents won't lose games to other guys for some time, it's better to to lose the games you will lose first, and after that win the games you would win.
That's because after losing some games, your rating will be so low that the amount of rating that you will lose will be very small, and when you start to win games the amount of rating you'll win will be massive, so you can make a better use of the games you win.
Cystem_Phailure
ReasonableDoubt wrote:

El_senior, that's a ridiculous thing to say.  I believe that the post is in poor taste, but the player is clearly not discussing or consulting about the ongoing game, 

It's not at all ridiculous.  He posted an ongoing game, and the first two responses clearly gave pertinent information that is advantageous to him and disadvantageous to his opponent.

Five minutes before he started this thread (10:07 p.m. by my time zone), the OP posted the same ongoing game in another thread (post #3, at 10:02 p.m.), and in that post he didn't even bother removing his opponent's name from the game.  The OP is so impressed with how much time he spent setting up his conditional moves instead of finishing off the mate that he wants to ensure maximum coverage for his little stunt.

The bigger twit in this game isn't the guy with the White pieces (although it's close).

mtguy8787

You guys are right - it was in poor taste. And I already knew about the 50 move rule, btw -- who doesnt.