Forums

Bug Report: Unwanted Tournament Invite

Sort:
BigOto

I just got a tournament invite even though I have tournaments marked as unavailable. It was a group tournament, and I just unchecked "unavailable" for group invites (but not tournaments). I have made sure that it has not changed for any reason. Anyone else having this?

kohai

Did the tournament invite arrive in the form of a 'group news' item or from the super admin/admin of the group ?

BigOto
kohai wrote:

Did the tournament invite arrive in the form of a 'group news' item or from the super admin/admin of the group ?

It was one of the standard "You have been invited to join a tournament" messages, but it was apparently a full group tournament for Chess Unlimited (which normally would have been sent to everyone in that group who is available for tournament invites).

kohai

Because the invite arrives via group news, it isn't affected by your 'unavailable for tournaments' settings.

We are working toward adding an option in your group 'alerts' where you'd be able to check or un-check whether you want to receive them from that specific group or not.