Forums

Match Win 0, Rating 1800

Sort:
GavishGC

Guys, I need Ur help, my match started with a player, Username, PawanSac1418 , His Rating is 1800 without even winning a single match... Should iI abort the game/Report him /Or should I play?? Plz give a quick response , Thanks :)

Juhomorko

I think it's a good thing for you. High rating considering he hasn't played perfectly! You should only be concearned about it if you don't want to raise your rating.

go_and_fun_yourself

chessnetwork ,jerry, had a peak rating of 4100 or 4200 in bullet, now how did he get i dont but its most likely his fisr games was against some srong players and he'd had to win in a row to achieve that rating, so no theres no real reason for concern! i say play him maybe he won a game against a 1500 by luck and hasnt played since 

GavishGC

Thanks , both of u, But I am getting challenges From Those players who haven't played even a single game in their profile and rating is 1800 ,I think, That from now, Rating is Starting From 1800 for New Players

baddogno
GMGavishChotani wrote:

Thanks , both of u, But I am getting challenges From Those players who haven't played even a single game in their profile and rating is 1800 ,I think, That from now, Rating is Starting From 1800 for New Players

Not quite.  Apparently new players tell chess.com their experience level and their rating is based on that; it could be 1800, or 1500, or 1200.  More rating inflation.  

GavishGC

baddogno wrote:

GMGavishChotani wrote:

Not quite.  Apparently new players tell chess.com their experience level and their rating is based on that; it could be 1800, or 1500, or 1200.  More rating inflation.  

Okay, I think That u r right, But, Now, everyone is at, 1800

GavishGC
[COMMENT DELETED]