Forums

no sound

Sort:
orkan11

thats what i am thinking!
would be a very bad coincidence..

szym

Well right now I don't feel that there is much more that I can do. I'll just play online games at this site and concetrate on my live games elsewhere until the problem is fixed.

orkan11

Arent there any admins, that could help?

szym

Well, I tried several times to get help from them. I got a couple of responses from staff member Kohai who asked the usual trouble shooting questions of which I answered. The last I heard from Kohai was March 10th and today is the 22nd. I was trying to explain that I played for about two years with little problem and that there was no recent changes to my system. How about you did you have any luck?

orkan11

no, i just asked here in the forum! but nobody seems to really care ^^

live chess withouth sound is no option! it just sucks, i already lost so many games on time there..

szym

I agree. Are you having trouble at any other live sites? I been spending alot of time at FICS. It's pretty good if you down load a graphic interface and it is free with no annoying advertisments. Chess Cube is good too. I see that Kingscrusher and Chessnetwork uses that one often.

orkan11

i checked it again after the update,

with IE it is working, with firefox it is not.

perhaps anyone willing to help here? =)

szym

Hi OlafGKern. Did you have any luck yet?

orkan11

no, not at all.. i am using IE for live chess and firefox for the online chess.. it just sucks, but surely better than no sound at all ;-)

szym

Have you tried those other sites that I posted earlier? I get sound with no problems.

orkan11

no, not yet, one site is enough for me i think =)

srgntshultz

sound checked on in my live chess settings - but no sound. Tested my speakers and system: OK,

Sounds use to work

running googlechrome.

Hi832

it does not work with video lessons either

nybcnow

No sound on iPad only when want to watch videos.  Need a little help.

szym

Hi srgntshultz,Hi832 and nybcnow this seems to bo an ongoing problem here. Ive lost my sound for over a month now and tried just about everything to fix it. I don't think it's a problem in my system however since the sound has been fine for about two years and works fine on other chess sites. If any of you happen to get your sound running again please let me know how you did it.

szym

Hi echecs06, I appreceate your reply however the sound is totaly absent and does not return no matter how many moves are made.

nybcnow

It was a setting in ipad.  Sorry for the trouble and thanks for a quick reply.  

orkan11

i dont think there are admins reading here =)

so i guess we just have to live with that.. have you all (the ones playing on a pc) tried IE? works here.. the only (bad) solution..

szym

IE verson 8 is what I use and it was working perfectly fine for about two years, until about a month and a half now. IE also works fine on other chess sites such as Chess Cube and FICS. As far as staff reading here I did get a response a couple of times from staff member Kohai, who said that they were working on fixing the problem however the last I heard from Kohai was 24 days ago. So once in a while I'll check to see if the sound is working but most of my playing is spent on the other sites where I have no problem getting sound.

szym
[COMMENT DELETED]