Forums

People cheating with time

Sort:
royaldutchie

*** this user did something where you gained time and I lost it, how is this possible. Can you keep glitches out the game, how is it fair I loose points when people cheat?

duck_and_cover

no, it was the asteroid

baddogno

Oh my!  "Naming and shaming " in the public forums?   Even "time travelers" deserve better than that.   And any of you who doubt the possibility have obviously never watched the SciFi cable channel.

CHCL

Again, please report. No name calling, standard rules apply.

CHCL

WHAT????? Seriously? I looked at the game, you pressed the resign button.

eddysallin

Is that what that button is ? Wow,i was trying to get help ....

CHCL

It must of been some serious lag, it happens to me a lot when I play at night...

royaldutchie

I pressed resign because I went one having 4mins to having two minutes. She was down to two minutes then ended up with 4. Our times basically switched so I was pissed and resigned 

royaldutchie

didn't want to accuse anyone but that was a lot of time

TasmanianTiger

Exactly...why resign?

CHCL
FirebrandX wrote:
CHCL wrote:

It must of been some serious lag, it happens to me a lot when I play at night...

What does "must of" mean?

I don't see a 900 player hacking into chess.com and adding time to his clock. What else could it be? That problem has happened several times to me, and it is not fun. True, the better wording would be "Might of".

decenso

I see time cheating all the time. Two people in a row beat me because on a 15/10 game, they magically got 17:xx after a while. Impossible.

TheGrobe

A 15-10 game is a game in which each side has 15 minutes to start, and gains 10 seconds with every move.  It's not impossible at all, in fact, if you're fast you could quite easily end up with more than 17 minutes on the clock within the first 15 moves or so.

x-5058622868
CHCL wrote:
FirebrandX wrote:
CHCL wrote:

What does "must of" mean?

I don't see a 900 player hacking into chess.com and adding time to his clock. What else could it be? That problem has happened several times to me, and it is not fun. True, the better wording would be "Might of".

An even better wording would be "might have." Wink It's a common mistake though.