Forums

Samsung 10.1 tab

Sort:
wolrab
[COMMENT DELETED]
jaclyn

Are you using the app for android?  

wolrab

It works ok on the android app, you can move a piece to an empty square.  It is when you are using the website.  Checked it again last night and it is still only letting you move a piece if you are capturing.

Thanks for looking into it.

wolrab

Strangely though, in analysis mode you can also move to a empty square.

wolrab

Things have changed again! I can't capture pieces now.

kohai

A fix has been created for this and should now be working for you

wolrab

The behaviour has changed slightly now. If i click e2for instance a yellow border appears around e6 and I still can't move the piece.

jaclyn

Have you tried clearing your browsing cache on the android browser to see if that helps at all?

wolrab

I've just tried it, and reopened browser but it hasn't made a difference unfortunately

wolrab

Is anybody else experiencing this issue with Samsung tab?

jaclyn

We haven't seen any other reports of the issue to my knowledge.  Are you only having the issue in online chess or is this happening on all boards?

wolrab

It is happening on online chess board but works ok on analysis board. It also happens on the tactics trainer board.

ardubew

I'm having the same issue on my Samsung note but only on the website. The first move isn't a problem but on the second move the piece I want to move will highlight and then won't move. Seems like the website freezes up on me.

wolrab

Same here.  The mobile app works fine on the Samsung.

jaclyn

ardubew & wolrab- are you clicking and dragging pieces or clicking and clicking to move? Can you please try turning off previous move highlights to see if that changes anything?

wolrab

Hi Jac1yn, I'm clicking and clicking and just tested switching off previous moves and it didn't make a difference.

jaclyn

Thanks for trying that! I'll get it reported to our team. 

wolrab

Thanks Jac1yn

ardubew

Same here - I turned off that option but I can still only make one move before the board locks up. The app is completely functional, this only happens when I use the website on my tablet. Thank you for looking in to this!

wolrab

This problem still hasn't been resolved. Sometimes doesn't work in analysis mode either now. Anybody managed to get it working on their samsung tab10.1?. At least the android app still works ok.