Forums

Viewing videos

Sort:
OneOfTheseKnights
jon wrote:

Ok thanks skilledwolf. We are addressing issues with video playback on chrome.

Any updates on this issue?

PawnCow

I'm having the same issue with Chrome ver. 26....

Any updates?

mayhaps

Also having this issue with Chrome version 26.0.1410.64 m. Makes watching videos very tedious as I constantly have to refresh the page whenever the player decides to crap itself.

GreenIsland

Still getting the same problem - all software is fully up to date:
Chromium Version 25.0.1364.160 Ubuntu 12.04 

mayhaps

So is no one from the chess.com staff looking at this issue? Can we get at least some update or at least a response about this? Is this how you treat your paying members?

The problem still persists and is still very annoying. The video lectures is the main reason I paid for a diamond membership and I'm feeling like it was a waste of money considering how much of a pain it is to try and watch one of them. 

softtop
jon wrote:

Ok thanks skilledwolf. We are addressing issues with video playback on chrome.

Is there an update on this issue?

tpe09222012

Has started happening to me today. Would prefer not to download another browser just to view videos, but I will if I have to. Unable to view in either chrome or chromium.

tpe09222012

Might I add, things were working fine just yesterday.

tpe09222012

Version 31.0.1650.63

tpe09222012

The version is for chrome by the way.

tpe09222012

My chromium version I give below.

Version 25.0.1364.160 Ubuntu 12.10 (25.0.1364.160-0ubuntu0.12.10.1)

tpe09222012

I'm having difficulty loading the video in firefox also. I just downloaded firefox, and flash works fine--I can watch videos on youtube, but I'm still getting this error message when I try to watch videos. I'm going to try restarting my computer, and if I don't post a reply you can assume that that didn't work either. It's hoped that some other solution on the official faq page will resolve this issue.

tpe09222012

This is very odd. I was making one final attempt to watch the videos, to no avail. Then my phone goes off and after having a chat with my aunt, I come back and the video I try to play works in chrome and firefox, but still not in chromium. No doubt in five minutes after I dance the boogy woogy while chirping like an african sparrow, the video will work in chromium, but not in chrome or firefox. Whatever.