Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

why i can't get back my rates up to 1200?

• 21 months ago · Quote · #41

Dark_N_Stormy_Knight

Really donnata, you need to learn some English before you attempt to discuss something as difficult as chess or insults.  You are hacking English to pieces and cannot be understood so bad that your intentions are in question.  I'm out of here.

• 21 months ago · Quote · #42

bcoburn2

In order to win, you must first make sure you don't lose. Be more defensive !

• 21 months ago · Quote · #43

MarioBallezaArrieta

donnata escribió:

I appreciate all the comment I received in this room, thank you very much except iron tiger & bornqueen who's saying that they don't understand my English grammar here but still something that insulted me. ( I am not man, I am a lady)

i think you´re guy pretending to be a woman...

• 21 months ago · Quote · #44

tomthecat44

donnata wrote:
    Irontiger wrote:

If you keep insulting people that ask you to reword your "English", you will not get many helpful answers.

Do you believed that your english is good Irontiger? actually, i don't really understand what your saying but i'm trying to figure out what you'll trying to meant to be..now the issue here was what i had stated above, if you'll not get what i mean, the problem is yours not mine..& i'm not asking you to write it down your comment here if you really don't understand all about inside in this room..your the first one who saying insulting words here & i have a right to fighting you back..hope this words is enough for you..

Ok, dude.  As an American, whose first language is English, you need to know this:

Irontiger is speaking great English, and did not insult you at all, but he did try to tell you that he couldn't understand what you wrote, because it was difficult to understand.  I am telling you this as a friend, your English is very confusing and hard to understand to anyone that can speak English.  Even the words I quoted above are very hard to understand and very broken English.

Furthermore, the reason you gain +5  and they gain +12 is because if you are losing to someone that is much lower rating (eg. you are 1000, they are 800), then you SHOULD win.  If you did not win against someone much lower rating than you, then you are punished more heavily because you were expected to win.  It's like if you were an Olympic runner, and you got beat by someone in high school.  It is not expected, and it is much worse for you than if you got beat by another Olympic runner.  800 vs 1000 is a very large difference in skill level.

• 21 months ago · Quote · #45

DrFrank124c

I once had an English teacher who told me that I should never use  two words, one was swell the other lousy. So I asked him which word was swell and which word was lousy.

• 21 months ago · Quote · #46

Sunofthemorninglight

a pint of lager for Frank!

• 21 months ago · Quote · #47

Scottrf

Sunofthemorninglight wrote:

Preferably a taxi.

• 21 months ago · Quote · #48

Doggy_Style

Sunofthemorninglight wrote:

Don't encourage him! Laughing

• 21 months ago · Quote · #49

Ubik42

DrFrank124c wrote:

I once had an English teacher who told me that I should never use  two words, one was swell the other lousy. So I asked him which word was swell and which word was lousy.

I am pretty sure that swell is a lousy word to use. Lousy, on the other hand, is just fine. In fact its

• 21 months ago · Quote · #50

tomthecat44

Ubik42 wrote:
    DrFrank124c wrote:

I am pretty sure that swell is a lousy word to use. Lousy, on the other hand, is just fine. In fact its

It's what??  DON'T LEAVE US HANGING MAN!!!

• 21 months ago · Quote · #51

BorgQueen

Swell of course!   Duh!  ^_^

• 21 months ago · Quote · #52

AndyClifton

DrFrank124c wrote:

What if your dog was swollen because it was infested with lice?

• 21 months ago · Quote · #53

royalbishop

Jacked before it reached page 2.

But it is not hard to solve the problem. Many solutionsCool

• 19 months ago · Quote · #54

theprezisbac

Reading this thread is 10mins of my life I will never get back.....Wink

• 19 months ago · Quote · #55

AndyClifton

But would you want those 10 minutes back?

• 19 months ago · Quote · #56

Irontiger

royalbishop wrote:

Jacked before it reached page 2.

But it is not hard to solve the problem. Many solutions

What problem ?

• 19 months ago · Quote · #57

Newba

donnata wrote:

coz it takes me some headaches when i am matching a low rates..

A poem.

• 19 months ago · Quote · #58

learningthemoves

thegreatchessplayer2 wrote:
    Newba wrote:
    donnata wrote:

A poem.

Guess Southern memories come back a callin'!

Deed they do.

"leavin' on a southern train
    only yesterday you lied,
    promises of what I seemed to be
    only watched the time go by,
    all of these things you said to me."  -STP

• 19 months ago · Quote · #59

macer75

This thread definitely deserves a mention on the "What is the Worst Forum Topic You've Ever Seen" thread.

• 19 months ago · Quote · #60

learningthemoves

learningthemoves wrote:
    Newba wrote:
    donnata wrote:

A poem.

Guess Southern memories come back a callin'!

Deed they do.

"leavin' on a southern train
    only yesterday you lied,
    promises of what I seemed to be
    only watched the time go by,
    all of these things you said to me."  -STP

LOL nice one :D

Embarassed Tenk you. tenk you veddy much.

Post your reply: