Forums

Awesomest combination I've ever seen

Sort:
waffllemaster

Rxe3 is easy to play in a puzzle, but not so easy in a tournament.  Seems hard to play this move on principal, you had to calculate to make sure there is a mating attack.  I probably woudln't find it in a game.

As for "Rd5 is too far off to see" lol.  No it's not.  After you see the theme of mate attack, moves like this pop out.  I don't think I would have found this in a real game, but as a puzzle it's not beyond me to solve it (although I bet I'd spend many more minutes looking for the win than pfren heh).

As for solving it during a real game, the idea of an attack is clear, the player would just have to be experienced / stubborn enough to find the correct moves (a lot of time on your clock would help too ;)

fianchetto123
[COMMENT DELETED]
fianchetto123

lol remember this stupid thread anyone? it was the first one I ever posted, and I had just said something stupid to waffllemaster which I've deleted now. lol

waffllemaster

Oh, you're a different fianchetto, weird.

Yeah, this combination is a very nice example.  I have problems finding attacking ideas in real games, this is a good one for me to be sure to remember.

TetsuoShima
[COMMENT DELETED]
TetsuoShima
[COMMENT DELETED]
fianchetto123

Fianchetto1967 is NOT me, he is someone else.