Forums

Game order in game archive

Sort:
Kacparov

I recently won 5 games by timeout against the same player, and it now looks like I lost points on one of them!Smile I don't know if it really matters but the order of timing out may sometimes make a big difference in ratings. So I thought: what happens if a tournaments round starts, and 1 player times out all the games on the same time. Which one is counted first?Smile

Recent Games

WhiteBlackResult# MovesDateAction
jamilleshane (1679) FM Kacparov (2050) 0-1 (won) 11 15 Oct 2010 view
FM Kacparov (2048) jmarshal (1609) 1-0 (won) 49 15 Oct 2010 view
jamilleshane (1687) FM Kacparov (2045) 0-1 (won) 24 15 Oct 2010 view
FM Kacparov (2047) jamilleshane (1685) 1-0 (won) 24 15 Oct 2010 view
FM Kacparov (2043) jamilleshane (1689) 1-0 (won) 22 15 Oct 2010 view
jamilleshane (1691) FM Kacparov (2041) 0-1 (won) 22 15 Oct 2010 view
Mac74 (1677) FM Kacparov (2039) draw 43 15 Oct 2010 view

rooperi

I don't understand how you could ever lose rating by winning a game...

But yeah, it's a bit of an issue, depends where you are in the queue.

Recently I had 2 games against awardchess, who's normally about 200 above me. But he timed out in a string of games, and by the time i came to mine he was about 1100. So, I actually lost points for scoring 1.5/2 against a stronger player. If I lost both (entirely possible) I would have lost 32 points.

If the timeouts against me happened earlier, I would have gained.

I think maybe ratings shoould be adjusted according to the start ratings of the players?

Kacparov

No, because people with start rating of 1200 or people who timed out recently would be still counted very low, instead of the normal ratings that they would get up to during the game.

Buford_Julep

A player timed out in all his games at the start of the third round of the Tournament, Spider (1), just a few days ago. He did not make a move in any of the games, so the other players received no rating adjustments.

Kacparov

And no I didn't lose points, they were just posted in the archive in wrong orderSmile

theresalion

i suspect they listed them in the wrong order-you jump to 2047 and then return to 2045-change the order and see for yourself

kohai

I'll see what i can do

Kacparov

it happens too :) and no worries Kohai it all comes out the same in the end

kohai
Kacparov wrote:

I recently won 5 games by timeout against the same player, and it now looks like I lost points on one of them! I don't know if it really matters but the order of timing out may sometimes make a big difference in ratings. So I thought: what happens if a tournaments round starts, and 1 player times out all the games on the same time. Which one is counted first?

It has been fixed now so they show in order on current games and games history.