Forums

Odds & Ends ( etc )

Sort:
cabadenwurt
corrijean wrote:

I am sure it is confirmation bias on my part, but it seems that Australian animals get a lot of weird diseases.

--- Thanks for the post Corrijean. Yes this situation is very odd. If it were say a variation of bird-flu for example it would make more sense. They are trying to find out more about this type of cancer but it might be too late by now. 

Joseph-S
corrijean wrote:

I am sure it is confirmation bias on my part, but it seems that Australian animals get a lot of weird diseases.

Speaking of Australian critters, get a load of these two!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoaEBb4IN4Q

corrijean

:) :)

I've never seen such a playful bird.

Joseph-S
corrijean wrote:

:) :)

I've never seen such a playful bird.

That makes two of us!    Smile

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the posts.

It's a sad situation, I mean what is next ? Are the Kangaroos going to disappear too ? 

cabadenwurt

In one of my threads I had pointed out that " Newsweek " no longer prints their magazine however " Time " continues to soldier on. In fact " Time " has just put out a special issue entitled " The 100 Most Influential People ", this bears closer examination.  

Joseph-S
cabadenwurt wrote:

" Time " has just put out a special issue entitled " The 100 Most Influential People ", this bears closer examination.  

Why?

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the post Joseph-S.

Well I'm a very nosey person and I like to get info about people. One of the first people mentioned is Janet Yellen, the new chair-person of the Fed. She has a lot of white hair and let us hope that they indicate wisdom ( so she can help us avoid a re-play of 1929 ). 

Joseph-S
cabadenwurt wrote:

Thanks for the post Joseph-S.

Well I'm a very nosey person and I like to get info about people. One of the first people mentioned is Janet Yellen, the new chair-person of the Fed. She has a lot of white hair and let us hope that they indicate wisdom ( so she can help us avoid a re-play of 1929 ). 

The Federal Reserve is EVIL!

AlCzervik

It does have influence, though.

Joseph-S
AlCzervik wrote:

It does have influence, though.

Yes, it does.  Money talks.

AlCzervik

I think you meant monetary policy, Joe?

cabadenwurt
AlCzervik wrote:

I think you meant monetary policy, Joe?

--- Thanks for the new posts.

As someone once sang " Money Money makes the World go round ! ". 

cabadenwurt

I saw an odd item in the news today: HP CEO Meg Whitman has announced plans to DESTROY Microsoft Windows. So a question came into my mind: What kind of medication is this person on ???  

cabadenwurt

Sometimes you hear items on the news that make you sad. For example: " 15 Breeds of Dogs are Losing Popularity ". Included are Norwegian Elkhounds, Greyhounds, Chow-chows, some types of Terriers and Dalmations. 

WBFISHER

It's tough being a dog without all the paparazzi

cabadenwurt
WBFISHER wrote:

It's tough being a dog without all the paparazzi

Thanks for the post Wbfisher. The lack of interest in the Dalmations surprised me. They were loved at Fire-stations and had their own movie as well ( oh how quickly we forget  lol ).

corrijean

This morning I was listening to a podcast. It mentioned Whatcom County, a place I have lived, so my ears immediately perked up.

They were discussing the fact that some places have laws against hunting sasquatch. Whatcom County is one of the places.

http://www.co.whatcom.wa.us/council/1992/res/res1992-043.pdf

cabadenwurt
corrijean wrote:

This morning I was listening to a podcast. It mentioned Whatcom County, a place I have lived, so my ears immediately perked up.

They were discussing the fact that some places have laws against hunting sasquatch. Whatcom County is one of the places.

http://www.co.whatcom.wa.us/council/1992/res/res1992-043.pdf

--- Thanks for the info Corrijean. The " Coast to Coast Show " has often mentioned those big hairy creatures. It is somewhat scary as that show is on late at night, mind you they do need something on the air that late  lol. 

corrijean

I've heard they have some wild theories on that show.