Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Tell Us Why You Are a Premium Member


  • 3 years ago · Quote · #21

    Trapper4

    I want to learn my openings more and Tactics Trainer! Smile

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #22

    batgirl

    Diamonds are a girl's best friend.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #23

    Conflagration_Planet

    Tomorrow's my last day of it.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #24

    MrHatRules

    I stumbled onto Chess.com by accident, tried it for about a month and found it to be awesome! I had to become a premium member...it was not even a choice. I don't have the time to dedicate for OTB tournaments or for regular chess club play, so this place was perfect for me. It's also a good place to compete with such a wide variety of people from all over the world. I can't say enough good things about it!

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #25

    Frittles

    I pay for the videos.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #26

    Conflagration_Planet

    Today's my last day of it.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #27

    Teja

    With all features at hand, chess.com is as addicting as chess. In fact, more. 

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #28

    shengyi

    Being a premium member allows player to use chess.com's features for improvement as well as other features.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #29

    weamy

    i had invited a person to chess.com and he became a premium member so i became a premium member

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #30

    Balachandar

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #31

    pawnsolo2

    Cool

    I became one close to five years ago because I believe in free markets not free material, but I'll not be paying you anymore after my membership ends this year. And not because I can no longer afford it.  The dollar has spoken. 

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #32

    Conflagration_Planet

    pawnsolo2 wrote:

     

    I became one close to five years ago because I believe in free markets not free material, but I'll not be paying you anymore after my membership ends this year. And not because I can no longer afford it.  The dollar has spoken. 

    Why?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #33

    pawnsolo2


    A ridiculous frigid sense of morality and censorship. Deleting posts that are on edge but harmless without communicating about it, therefor not offering a service that is worth paying for if one can get the gist of it for free. Personally  I don't use most of the options one receives when opting to give this company money, so why bother if I am not satisfied with managements approach. It is kind of like shipping product. If I don't like UPS, there is always Fed Express. Who ever offers the best service will receive my business. They both make plenty of money so in the end neither ones top management really cares about individual one on one relations.  But my penny saved is no longer their penny earned. 

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #34

    Conflagration_Planet

    pawnsolo2 wrote:


    A ridiculous frigid sense of morality and censorship. Deleting posts that are on edge but harmless without communicating about it, therefor not offering a service that is worth paying for if one can get the gist of it for free. Personally  I don't use most of the options one receives when opting to give this company money, so why bother if I am not satisfied with managements approach. It is kind of like shipping product. If I don't like UPS, there is always Fed Express. Who ever offers the best service will receive my business. They both make plenty of money so in the end neither ones top management really cares about individual one on one relations.  But my penny saved is no longer their penny earned. 

    Makes sense.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #35

    baddogno

    Diamond membership....$100.  Beating your Russian neighbor at chess.....priceless.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #36

    pawnsolo2

    Indeed. It is unfortunate. But as I juxtapose the  removal of content (which is part of the overall experience of this site) from groups by staff and not by admins, with an incident about three years ago in the open discussion group, where a member there made continual threats against me and they allowed it to go on and on until it was evident he would not cease and desist before finally reprimanding him I decided this is the best coarse for me. It's not like I'm one of the members here who acts without decorum on a regular basis. So though I won't be able to play as many games I know that they are after all, only games.  My Dodge Durango had air conditioning issues, I took it to the dealership garage for repairs, they charged a boat load of money and failed to fix it, then wanted to charge me even more for more work. I told them to piss off and I'll never buy a Dodge again. I still drive it, it is after all already paid for. Anyway, nuff said. 

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #37

    nameno1had

    I clicked the wrong link trying to see how much it costs to be a premium member and my credit card was billed. I am glad though.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #38

    nameno1had

    Teja wrote:

    With all features at hand, chess.com is as addicting as chess. In fact, more. 

    I concur and so does my sometimes angry wife....

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #39

    y2721

    [COMMENT DELETED]
  • 2 years ago · Quote · #40

    PurpleHelix

    I don't want to make a video nor do I want to be used for advertising purposes.

     

    I really enjoy the tactics trainer on the Ipad app - and my son loves doing them too. (I do wish we could keep separate scores since I'm curious how my rating improves.)

    I also wanted to analyze me games with a computer, since I haven't been playing elsewhere but here its really convenient to have the feature available to paying members. 

     

    I don't have much time available for chess though, and I have only watched a single video even if I thought that was the reason I wanted to go premium. I'm sure they are great, but I just don't seem to have time as chess is only one of my hobbies.

    Come to think of it the diamond membership is probably not the best one for me. 12 euros / month is way too much and with the Plat membership I'd get almost everything I need as I doub't I'll play 25 games per week... 

    Don't get me wrong though, I love this site and I've had a great time playing here and my opponents have been real nice (with the exception of someone who timed down instead of surrendering when it was clear he was beaten). So I'm glad to support this site and do prefer to not have any ads displayed.


Back to Top

Post your reply: