Forums

Tell Us Why You Are a Premium Member

Sort:
SubmitToMyBishops

Tactics... One day my tactics rating be 2000, hopefully :P

ablankslate

To support the site that has been the greatest determinant of the improvement of my chess ability. I started chess later than most (in college) and would be utterly lost w/o this site's resources.

ablankslate

In addition, it's pretty awesome to have a crown next to my name!

Maytin2

I'm a premium member and I've just cancelled that aspect of my membership, as the response to technical support requests is non-existent.

biteme62

BECAUSE IA AM STUPID!!!!!!!

Robert_New_Alekhine

Because someone game me a gift membership...

Wezzyfish

I came to a point in my game where I wasn't getting any better just playing and I couldn't find anyone locally to really help me analyze and critique my games and help me get over that hump.  I became a premium member so I could have access to the videos, online trainer, more tactics and computer analysis on each of my games.  I think it has helped and continues to do so, but even if not, it gives me more things to do when I don't quite feel like playing a game but want to work on chess.

GreatVibes
[COMMENT DELETED]
D-mate19
Funny how half the people here are clearly not premium members but respond in hopes of winning a prize :P
dtownva

I became a paid member because I hadn't played in a long time and wanted unlimited access to the tactics trainer. The work is paying off in wins. 

SMSAmanda

I liked tactics trainer but diamond was too much.

mating_threats

A basic member impoves his chess very slow.Thanks to premium membership we can improve our chess very fast.

solskytz

Because I can use the live analysis board - it's useful for teaching, for discussing games with opponents, and just in general. 

Because of chess mentor

Because of the videos

Because of unlimited tactics training

Because it keeps me thinking on the day I won't have to pay for it because I'll have CM next to my name...

imsighked2

I love the awesome, awesome videos, which are a much better way to learn than books. Roman and Simon's (and others) instructive videos really have helped my game. I take advantage of the unlimited Tactics.  I try to do an hour worth of tactics a day. I can analyze my games. I can ask to have my games analyzed. Nice, nice site. The Diamond Membership is worth every penny.

BuzZoo

I did it because I was a complete beginner and wanted to improve quickly. Worth every penny. Went from literally bottom 1% to average in a few months. Unlimited tactics/mentor/comp analysis/videos all equally a part of why they can shut up and take my money. As an added bonus, nothing much to do with personal improvement, but I really like chesscentre as a weekly round up of the chess world.

Dadnavy71

Chess site I joined after a year of looking at others, just the best bang for the buck, plus the chance to meet the world of equal minded people......a really good deal.

mountvernon427

Hey, the premium membership is great! however, I see so much potential that could be granted to the premium member such as: a choice of sound effects for various task like castling, draws, checkmates. various visual indicators pertaining to castling (sometimes you don't remember, if you have moved the king and/or rook on one side or the other. group messaging to speak to all of people that you have made friends with, perhaps, to disperse things quickly. Uniformed features that exists for both daily chess and live chess, like the submit button and conditional moves.

scofa
I'm deep in debt...how you expect me to pay when I can barely eat
SMSAmanda

Chess mentor is awesome.

It helps me improve a lot.

Paporrubio

I've just upgraded for the simple reason that I'm an awful player and I want to improve my chess.