Forums

Allow admins to view who voted what in vote chess

Sort:
grandmaster56

This eliminates the "quick voters" aka the people who vote as soon as they see a move they like. Admins could just see that and do something to them that the group allows him/her to do. So then they have to discuss what to vote. Otherwise maybe a bad move would overrun a good move because people who vote on gut instinct would vote for a bad move immediately, and you could lose the game because of it.

thesexyknight

Yes but this goes both ways. Either side can have this problem so things are even. There is no problem here.

grandmaster56

but then suppose this is not the case. Your opponents could have people who are actually listening and discussing, while you don't. Sure there is the possibility of both sides having this problem, but if both sides are doing it, then what's the point of playing the vote chess? It just seems like vote chess would be more appealing if there were some things changed about it, such as this.

BenWilliamson
grandmaster56 wrote:

but then suppose this is not the case. Your opponents could have people who are actually listening and discussing, while you don't.

Then I'd say they're the better team and deserve the win, wouldn't you?

grandmaster56

however, your side could just easily as easily have the better players, and yet you still lose due to early voters, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, which is why I propose doing something where you can do something about it.

RyanMK

I think vote chess is all about people voting whatever they want, even if it may not necessarily be the best move.

TheGrobe

Agreed -- I can't think of anything that would dissuade me from playing vote chess more than this.  If you need to have some degree of control over the group then you should exert it through good leadership by being persuasive in the Vote Chess discussion.

I do, however, support the ablity to set a moratorium on voting at the beginning of each move to address the issue of "hit and run" voters who don't wait for the discussion.

rooperi

Maybe, don't allow anybody to vote who has not posted in the discussion?

TheGrobe

That's also not a bad idea, although it may inadvertently encourage spaming of the vote chess discussion.

grandmaster56

maybe just have an option in the vote chess seeks where you have to vote within x time period, between y time and z time.

cofail
grandmaster56 wrote:

maybe just have an option in the vote chess seeks where you have to vote within x time period, between y time and z time.

This is something I would really like, I try to encorage it in nmy group, but it does not always happen.

slack
grandmaster56 wrote:

That doesn't work with teams of players from around the globe.

TheGrobe

It's not a problem as long as there's a minimum of 24 hours allotted for the registration of votes.