Forums

Background Color in Live

Sort:
Durable_Confidence

I recently discovered how to minimize the size of the graph and chat area in order to make the board bigger. The problem is that the white background is far too bright to stare at during games.

How can I change the background color? Two staff members from live help seem to think it isn't possible, and if they're right, I want to know when it will be possible.

This is not asking for a lot. It is extremely basic functionality that is critical to a minimum level of comfort while using this service.

Durable_Confidence

Anyone else find this to be an issue or know how to fix it?

exoticorn

As a temporary solution, I have created a greasemonkey/tampermonkey script. You can find it on userscripts dot org by searching for "live chess background".

It would be great, of course, if a dark theme would be added as an option to live chess at some point in the future...

TheLastSupper

Have you tried using a theme? Or is that not the white background you mean?

Durable_Confidence

@exoticorn I can't believe you did that :) Thank you so much! I'd never used greasemonkey, but it was very easy. And your background works wonders. I really appreciate this! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you sometime.

Rugbe

Thank you so much for my eyes exoticorn !

Rugbe

Hello,

Is it possible that someone repost this script please, userscript is always down....

exoticorn

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of this script anymore. It's also likely to stop working with the upcoming chess.com v3 update.

Rugbe

Thank you for the reply !
I hope they will implement something in the new version. 

Rugbe

Found this !
https://userstyles.org/styles/66123/dark-forces-for-chess-com 
Not as good but very usefull 

Robertovichess

I am also looking to change the white background color in live game mode....