Forums

New sound system

Sort:
BadGenes

Hi Owners of chess.com

I think you  people have thought to stop the business.That is why you are taking away good features and adding the worst features. Recent example is new fancy sounds.Do you  think we are kids?

netzach

Hmm... Think the board was actually slightly larger when the re-design was first implemented ?

A major backlash to the typeface used then resulted in reversion to the original. The size of the board is I now believe the same as always was. Would be better if it was possible to increase this but dunno if IT/Code-issues are making that hard to do.

Sounds/audio are easily turned on or off so not big-deal. Default OFF for sounds & pictorial-chess-boards would be welcomed though !

thecheesykid
netzach wrote:

Sounds/audio are easily turned on or off so not big-deal. Default OFF for sounds & pictorial-chess-boards would be welcomed though !

Bullet chess is really far harder without the sounds to indicate the move that's just been played (as good ole' samurai said above). No sounds would be a detriment.

Ineedanewusername1

Yeah I agree. The sounds new sounds are bad and akward. Has anyone noticed that you can not adjust the size of the screen anymore using your mouse?

netzach
thecheesykid wrote:
netzach wrote:

Bullet chess is really far harder without the sounds to indicate the move that's just been played (as good ole' samurai said above). No sounds would be a detriment.

Fair-point. I never play bullet-chess but understand importance there.

WildGuess

The new sounds are a load of craps craps craps craps. I hate them.Chess.com really sucks now.

brucexsay

the sounds are terrible!!!!!!!! plz change them back, now since i play bullet i dont know if im in check or not its sounds terrible

Personality-Disorder

Very good .Keep these sounds so that you get rid of chess lovers. well done Erik and the party.

markshoemail

I like the old sounds too. Maybe that could be an option to pick the sounds you prefer.

TroubledChildhood

I like the old sounds too. The new sounds are terrible. They are distracting ,disgusting and childish.

piphilologist

i actually dont mind the new sounds, but that's probably beacuse i only come here occasionally when im too tired to play the good guys on icc... they would drive me crazy if i played here regularly so i give them thumbs down too.

Predators_World

Weird, awful sounds , They are so appalling. Why don't you people close the site as well.

iltulipano

terrible sounds! there was no need at all to change the old sounds... or give the possibility to choose between different sound sets...

mwoo23

I just won a game and was rewarded with a fart sound.

MoodSwings

Wow! I was rewarded with a fart too. Thanks chess.com for your ingenuity and the intelligent people who work for you.You will soon reach heavens.

Chesstycoon1

What have you replaced the old sounds for? Can you give me one sound reason? And Can you also tell me any drawbacks ot the old sounds? Things should be replaced for better not worse.

chessplayer11

I think they notice that simple live chess was still similar after the change, so they had to screw that over too.

They're so annoying for me to even play with, and I like to have sounds. The older Queen THUNK! they added was just dumb and unnecessary. Haven't heard what it is now beacuse it's too annoying to play Live chess now. They don't need a sound for each possible move either.

The new sounds are like billard balls being hit. Sharp and not as soft as before.

If they feel the need to change them, give an option for other sounds. Options are nice anyway. You should be able to turn on/off any particular one too.

One could hack this site and not do more damage then you guys are accomplishing.

I think the new programmer they hired is this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU6hmgTY76M

chessplayer11
Hades wrote:

At the risk of being verbally assualted by the pitchfork crowd, the new sounds aren't THAT bad. Give your ears and mind some time to adjust to them and you will forget they were ever changed. 

nah. I'm sure the site will forget I was ever here before then. Most of the new sounds are like farting noises.

If you like it, great. There should be options like they have for the board color and pieces. But I'm not going to start liking something this bad.

I think I'm going to start playing at chesskid.com

How bad could it be compared to this?

WildSwamps

I have one word to decribe the new sounds effects.

Crap ,crap ,crap ,crap, crap crap crap crap crap crap.

MissUnique

For those who can't get enough of the 'old' sounds, they are still present on the Tactics Trainer :-)