Forums

pawn bug abuse

Sort:
fissionmailed

I've repeatedly experienced abuse of the pawn bug, this happens when I push my pawn forward 2 spaces but for whatever reason, the computer seem to think that my pawn is only pushed forward one space, allowing the opponent to advance to that square with their own pawn when they should otherwise just be stuck.

Can someone please fix this please? I'm sick of it, some people are aware and abuse this bug.

fissionmailed
[COMMENT DELETED]
Karura91

Are you kidding, are you a troll or whatever else?

It is not a bug, it is called en-passant, it is a chess rule that i suggest you to study.

macer75
fissionmailed wrote:

I've repeatedly experienced abuse of the pawn bug, this happens when I push my pawn forward 2 spaces but for whatever reason, the computer seem to think that my pawn is only pushed forward one space, allowing the opponent to advance to that square with their own pawn when they should otherwise just be stuck.

Can someone please fix this please? I'm sick of it, some people are aware and abuse this bug.

lol what a classic comment

fissionmailed

I wasn't trolling, thank you for pointing it out. I didn't realize it was a part of the rule. As a casual player, I learnt the game from playing so I wasn't aware of it.

Karura91

Well, you are welcome. Sorry if i was rude but i thought you were trolling.

Here is well explained what i meant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_passant

Halifax999

Someone complained yesterday in a game I used en-passant that the game was glitching or I was cheating ^_^

I of course egged him on and told him I had a hack but at the end of the game, ended up explaining en passant to him. He actually did not believe me.