Forums

Timer

Sort:
TimJones19

It is stupid that when a player loses his queen or rook very early through poor concetration and they just let the clock run down to annoy their opponent live chess cannot spot this cancel the game and award the points to the fair winner. happens a lot and should seem obvious

batgirl

but whatcha gonna do?

Actually, I thought this was going to be about Timur Lenk.

GenghisCant

TimJones19 wrote:

It is stupid that when a player loses his queen or rook very early through poor concetration and they just let the clock run down to annoy their opponent live chess cannot spot this cancel the game and award the points to the fair winner. happens a lot and should seem obvious

-------

I think there is an inbuilt system that awards you the win if your opponent takes up half of the total time on 1 move. This is about as close as chess.com can come to curbing this behaviour.

To be fair though, you sign up for a game of that length. Sure it's annoying, but you could have been playing for that length of time anyway. Let the idiot run down the clock and take the points at the half way point.

duck_and_cover

or Timer Radjabov?

But I'm digressing ... just ignore the game and start another one.

There are some experts out there who will move shortly before flag in order to score a cheap win on time, so be attentive.

Don't forget to block your opponent.

TimJones19

Half the time on one move. That would be as good as it gets I suppose. Thanks for the replies!