2nd Chess.com Deathmatch: Sharma vs Shahade!

• DeepGreene
  • on 2/26/12, 8:50 AM.

Today will see the 2nd Chess.com Death Match between the two commissioners of the United States Chess League: FM Arun Sharma and IM Greg Shahade!

View Live TV Coverage NOW!

It will be a three-hour match with three stages of time controls. The match will take place in Live Chess and IMs Danny Rensch and David Pruess will be doing commentary on Chess.com/TV! The first stage will be 5|1 for 75 minutes, followed by 3|1 for an hour, and finally 1|1 for the final 45 minutes. The two combatants will compete for a $800 prize!

It's going to be an awesome match and one that you should not miss. The Chess.com/TV broadcast is open to ALL Members. There will be a pre/post-game show as bookends to the match along with the commentary. The excitement begins at 10:30 AM Pacific/1:30 PM Eastern/6:30 PM London Time! Be there!

5 votes

Comments

bigdoug

Absolutelely great - keep them coming, although Danny and David have to work on not talking over each other.

I hope you can continue to do these matches, possibly with some GMs!

melvinbluestone

This was fantastic! This was the most exciting thing I've watched since the Super Bowl! And I don't mean this year's Super Bowl...... I mean Super Bowl III! Of course, the level of excitement kind of dropped off when Shahade ran away with it in 1 minute. But that part went so fast there wasn't much time to get bored. The commentators were excellent also. One suggestion, though. It's very nice, and understandable, that the commentators refer to the players by their actual names, as they know them personally. But for us mere mortal woodpushers, trying to quickly follow their rapid verbal analysis is difficult enough. More often, they should just use "white" or "black" instead of "Greg" or whoever. It might be easier to follow. Otherwise, a great job and a lot of fun. I think watching blitz is almost as much fun as playing it!

Twobit

So, who won?

Romans920

I watched it all, and enjoyed it all, even though the long losing streak portion was painful;  I'd enjoy seeing such Battle Royals once a month; though I know it takes a lot to coordinate everyone's time and schedule;  I vote to find a courageous and worthy contender to face Shank;

ChessisGood

Not super exciting! :(

ChessMarkstheSpot

Greg Shahade defeats Arun Sharma with a score of 21.5-10.5!  Cool

-Mark

SonofPearl

Match underway - come and watch everyone! Cool

hakim2005

where is the link

Saintjoan

very cool

ialbrekht

Looks exciting. Is it 20 min to go?

hungsun

There is a poll

zaidabdulla

I hope it will be  Good game

MaartenSmit

Because simply nobody knows what GMT means... Looking forward to it! :p

Daeru

This is amazing!! I bet on IM Shahade :D

maljohnswales

London time? Hey - it's UK time, ok? ;-)

Bobbydslt

to funny gambitgareth...

Bring it

IM DanielRensch

Awesome!!! See you all soon :-)

gambitgareth

not only am i wetting myself just waiting for this event but OMG - london time! chesscom just raised the stakes right there!