Chess TV's interview with Carlsen

• PeterDoggers
  • on 11/26/13, 8:28 AM.

Unfortunately the interview with Magnus Carlsen we were hoping to do today couldn't go through. Because he will be leaving shortly for Norway, we instead sent our selection of questions (asked by you!) via email to his manager, and we hope to receive Magnus' answers soon. Meanwhile, another interview was published online: the one produced by the Chess TV team, who were also responsible for the live broadcast of the Anand-Carlsen match. They agreed that the interview could be embedded here on Chess.com.

Anastasiya Karlovich spoke to Carlsen on Monday shortly after the closing ceremony about his ambition to go for this title, about the most interesting games, about the meaning of the title compared to the number one spot in the rankings, about not naming the seconds, whether he feels tired, whether it will change his life, about chess in Norway, about his preparation, about comparing with Bobby Fischer, about his plans in the near future, and about how long Magnus can live without chess & internet, about motivation and about his father Henrik.

26 votes

sherun

nijel08

hucdghdcghhhhhhhhsfvtb

DangerFathi1999

[COMMENT DELETED]

chuckfloyd2011

Have you passed Calculus yet?

Somebodysson

fantastic interview. thank you for posting this, Peter Doggers.

mcris

@NewHampshireBoy: Hey, nobody called you names! If it is of no importance to you, it doesn't mean it is of no importance to anybody. Can you understand this?

Riedemann

impressive Magnus! let's study his games!

www.soundcloud.com/diegoriedemann

www.facebook.com/riedemanndiego

davidmelbourne

An impressive young man, quite apart from his genius in chess. We have a superb ambassador for our game.

Hans-Kristoph-H

Some of you need to demonstrate that you have, at the least, a modicum of intelligence. What is so important about the interviewers accent? I thought that chess.com would be different than some of the other sites inhabited by intellectual Neanderthals but I'm not sure of that anymore.  I will not waste my time reading any more comments regarding these videos as only thirty percent of the comments  or so bear any merit whatsoever.

ulujm

I don't know why people making so much  a big deal how fit he is. Of course he is playing anykind of sport, He just 22 what do you expect. Also " I do stupid things and my father has to put out the fire" duhhh, of course he is a kid. People should not expecte  him to act as  a  70 years old man.

At his age I did so many crasy things

Well done Magnus

mcris

Her accent is clearly Russian, you were joking about NY, right?

PeterDoggers

To clarify: unfortunately Carlsen unexpectedly declined on Tuesday, but plans to answer all of the questions we gave him!

eaglejorge

Carlsen: "I'm also a chess fan"

justplayingmybest

are you kidding?  magnus is not good looking.

justplayingmybest

new yorkers are hard to understand with that stupid nyc accent of theirs.

kingofchess1234

Anand ex-second team member Nielsen is Carlsen's second now (one of his seconds)...and he has all of Anand's playbook. Someone can steal Nielsen from Carlsen now ....the games begin

RecklessPat

not a pity about her english... hot!

RecklessPat

kasparov is his team

bigbikefan

@Ocapi777: it is not advised to show your level of stupidity here and call names - you are not doing any favour to Ms. Karlovich, even if you like her so much. Ms. Karlovich should hone her reporter skills to call herself a professional. Chess game deserves to be represented by the best public observers as any other sports.