Future of Chess.com is Checkers!

• webmaster
  • on 4/1/11, 11:32 AM.

Chess.com is very excited to announce its future in the "online gaming community" as the world wide leader in... Checkers!

Erik, the owner and CEO of Chess.com had this to say about the coming changes:

"We are SO excited to make this transition over the year 2011! Many of our members, perhaps none more so than myself, have been growing bored with the chess. Seriously, how lame is chess when you really think about it? I am so excited to have made this realization and we plan to start implementing changes as early as this month. We hope everyone will jump on board, literally, with this switch!"

Though this may come as a surpise to some, we at Chess.com have been preparing for this major change for years. Jay, the Senior Developer, Co-Founder and CTO of Chess.com has this to say about the technical side of this giant shift:

"Though I can't take full credit for this decision, I can say that I have been pushing Erik and others to make the right choice for a long time. Chess is slow, obnoxious, and does nothing to help stimulate the mind or critical thinking skills of our youth. The code will be tricky to modify, but I have been looking forward to this for sometime, and I am encouraged by the direction of our company. I am looking forward to the challenge of bringing Chess.com into the 21st Century by becoming Checkers.com! Let's go team!!!"

The Co-Director's of Content, IM David Pruess and IM Daniel Rensch had this to say about the possibility of their jobs being re-evaluated with the company's new direction.

IM DAVID PRUESS: "I have mastered many board games. Chess, Go, and of course, Checkers! Though I can't guarantee the safety of my partner's job, I am confident that I will retain my management position with the company."

IM DANIEL RENSCH: "Exlamaviotch! Wait, what's going on here?"

IM Daniel Rensch is currently under investigation for his un-solicited use of the term "Exclamaviotch" as it has been discovered that a Russian Poet first used this term over a century ago. His family is claiming royalty rights to the phrase, and Chess.com may be forced to sever ties with IM Daniel Rensch to avoid a lawsuit.

All in all, Chess.com is really looking forward to the future, and we hope our members are too.

Chess.com Staff

3 votes
more Misc

Comments

TRON84NH

Checkers... where one king just isnt enough

chesshoudini

nice one webmaster, lolz

amntony

Why not both together?

Educated_Fool88

i really frustrated with loses in chess!! Let go for Checkers, means more easy to play and learn and here we go, Grandmaster title for me in 3 weeks.. huree!!

evan99m2

That is a horrible April fools day joke! I love chess! Who wants to play checkers!

devinat1

Cry No chess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NNNNNNoooOoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CryYell#!@##$%$%#@#@22

art123

Yes, yes, yes..... April fools'..... day, Good luck Guys... they organizers, still on vacation, when they come back checkers will be one of its sections.... this is democracy (anything goes), by then more money, money, money,.... ahhhh demo"crazy"..

oldkracken

I had to git C P R after reading this... dont ever do that again...YellSurprisedCryFoot in mouth !!!

elxan

does that mean there is no future for chess ;)

GM_Joji23

No...  thats insane .... i no checkers...   from 0  to the end.. that game sucks .there is nothing much to look forward for... you can become the worlds best in 2 weeks

daneendly

whats with these horrible articles/.?

DaniloDeLuna

April fools day!

Practicingkid

Although I didn't read this till now, it still made my day Laughing

Hisoka01

if true, too sad. probabily the new draughts will be solved like the old... how fun

BirdBrain

My favorite April Fool's Day Joke is putting ketchup in a donut.  I read about this one yesterday!  Someone would be really mad!  Wink

dschaef2

You have to be less obvious with an april fools joke.

Subtlty is the name of the game.

JPF917

LOL.  Many chess players would be surprised how difficult a game checkers is.  But, hey if their afraid to try it who knows?   Dominoes isn't easy either.

Optimum225

OH, I agree!  LET's do it!!  ;)  Look me up if you need any help in the transition!  :p

RumbleTumble

Rolls ears cos I don't have a dice ;)

Salik