Forums

Chesscom v0.2.2 released

Sort:
Bloker

Hi all,

new version is out with many little fixes and two updates.

The Login screen has been tweaked to be a little more friendly -just tap "Enter" after entering username and password to advance to next field, and login respectively.

Terry suggested the analysis screen "online" (back) button is too small, and to make the entire "Analysis" bar line clickable instead. Great idea - and implemented.

Until the app supports more resolutions, I'm still not keen to add it to self service download. So please contact me via email if you'd like a copy of this update:

clintonwmoore@gmail.com

cheers,
Clinton.

Bloker

oops... lots of typos fixed in original post. Apologies if message confused.

Sven_Van_de_Velde

Yes, i am interested, pls send me the update. so that i can test it.

AClotfelter

Kohai from the support team directed me to this forum as a Windows Phone 7 specific forum, but I fear that this discussion pertains to Windows Mobile 6.x. Is there a development version for Windows Phone 7? Windows Mobile 6.x is a depreciated line that will likely be retired in the next year or so for most all phones, so I hope we are working on a version for 7.

Bloker

Hi,

yes!! I'd love to see some work done on a windows phone 7 version. In fact, one of the chess.com windows mobile beta testers has started looking at porting the code to Windows Phone 7, but at this stage it's not yet supported - and I'm personally still concentrating on supporting older handsets.

Accept that Windows Mobile 6 is a largely deprecated platform yet currently the majority of requests I receive for the application are for Windows Mobile 6.x and over half of those are are actually for older handsets that don't utilise the 480x800 resolution - which is currently unsupported by the application and needs to be.

That said - Windows Phone 7 is obviously the strategic Microsoft Platform and in my opinion, it should certainly be considered for chess.com support.

BTW - Have you tested the java midlet application? It's virtually unusable on windows mobile 6.x, but I'd be curious to hear how it runs on Windows Phone 7.

bigrye

Another vote for Windows Phone 7. I'd love to have a platform-specific app, but am willing to try the java app. So far I've been unable to get the java app- SMS hasn't arrived and the download page loops me back to the same starting page with no actual file download...

-888-

where do i download .cab for WM6?
(search only gives me links to many forum posts)

Bloker

hi 888,

what handset do you own.. app still only supports 480x800, so not for general download yet

Tonymontaro
please send me app to tonymontaro4u@yahoo.com
Bloker

Hi Tony,

app has been sent - should work well on the xperia.

cheers.

goodguy_355
Hi, am with win7 on my new HTC7 . Can I test thé bêta version plz?? Send to goodguy_355@hotmail.com! Thx
jepoy17

hi i have htc windows mobile 6.1 professional..can chess.com work on my phone? if yes..can u pls snd me the application at jpbucud@yahoo.com,thanks!

Bloker

hi jaypee,

which model HTC phone do you own?

jepoy17

htc 3g t3232,screen resolution is 240by 320

Bloker

hi jaypee... the app still only supports 480*800... but I'm working on it (yes, it's a slow process - but I've been playing way too many simultaneous chess.com games for my feeble mind to process AND develop at the same time. I'm down to 8 games now, which is still a stretch but getting closer to my comfort level). Will get back to you directly when your resolution is supported.

Fmstrat

I would love to test as well, assuming this is actually "Windows Phone" (7), and not "Windows Mobile" (6.5)   :)

Thanks,

Ben

perkmak
Bloker wrote:

That said - Windows Phone 7 is obviously the strategic Microsoft Platform and in my opinion, it should certainly be considered for chess.com support.

BTW - Have you tested the java midlet application? It's virtually unusable on windows mobile 6.x, but I'd be curious to hear how it runs on Windows Phone 7.

A vote for support for WinPhone 7 as well. The java runs OK. It gets a bit used doing it but it works. The main complain is that since it is not designed for phones the buttons are too small and it isnt that much user friendly.

mccondochie
Could I test the update too please. HTC hd7. Mccondochie@hotmail.com
whoatommy

HTC HD7 with Windows 7....any updates?

022LAEDAWG
[COMMENT DELETED]