Forums

EL2012 - General Complaints and Issues

Sort:
Xavi_P

relax, take it easy ...also in a famous Cat Stevens song: Father and son

;)

netzach

Agreed & old enough to remember him '' Tea for the Tillerman '' etc.. :)

Diplomacy & friendly negotiation first ! Smile

majmunihirko49

I believe we also need a rule on the number of useless issues we post here otherwise it will be TOTAL DISASTER !!!!

oopss I already broke that rule...

have fun and dont give more importance than deserved to this competitions we are almost all non professional players and we dont really represent our countries...

FORAA

@ TEAM ALBANIA....PLEASE DON'T DELETE ONLY LOW RATED PLAYERS WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION!

http://www.chess.com/groups/team_match.html?id=112157

majmunihirko49

nobody is deleting players ! games can last for 3 months and so players who think cannot make it spontaneously leave the rooster. we discourage anybody who for personal reasons work real life or else cant finish games to not partecipate but we DONT DELETE PLAYERS.

FORAA
johanpalmaer wrote:

I guess a rule like this would work fine:

"Team admins are allowed to remove players from the matches before they starts in following cases:
- players that have caused penalties for the team in previous matches,
isn't it better to remove such players from the team, instead of removing from the league match after he/she joins?

- cheaters which accounts have been closed,
OK. must be declared on teammatch page.

- players which have applied other flags than the team,

- players with bad winning ratios (25% or greater),
Why?!!

- players gone for vacations,
Why?

- players that not been online recently (i.e. during the last week),

- players that recently (i.e. during the last week) been new members of the team,
Why?

- players that would have to meet too heavily uneven opponents (200+ in ratings or greater).
NO!!! This is cheating! 

- and, unrated players.
Why? 

Under no circumstances may any other eligible players be removed."

The rules highlight that it's reasonable to remove players that:
- do or may not strike to rules, OK

- probably would cause time outs,  OK

- probably are too uncompetetive (compared to potential opponents).   NO!  This is cheating!

DxN

Agree with most of Omer comments. Differencies:
- what does it matter if the player was not online last week ?  he can be in vacation or somewhere; if he commited to the game, why should the admin remove him ?  - NO
- unrated players - this is a sensitive subject; because chess.com closed so many accounts, many of them came back into the form of another account and get banned again after few weeks; I would agree with removing them  - YES
- players that will time-out - do not remove them from the roster, but instead remove them from the team   -  NO

adriano81
DxN wrote:

- unrated players - this is a sensitive subject; because chess.com closed so many accounts, many of them came back into the form of another account and get banned again after few weeks; I would agree with removing them  - YES

I would say NO, just do not let such players to enter your Team, if you accepted them you have no right to delete them from your roster

DxN

I think Andriy is right and I stand corrected !

netzach

Remembering the spirit of diplomacy may I make a suggestion ? 

For Admins:

• If a player has been removed from a roster by them they could place a simple-post in the match notes explaining why. Would prevent wondering by opponents ?
  • If a player removed themselves & admin unaware but opponents notice & query why ? then this could also be indicated. Or admins could go even further to contact the player & ask reason.

Clear exchange of information between teams will prevent much misunderstanding...

BayBak
netzach wrote:

Remembering the spirit of diplomacy may I make a suggestion ? 

For Admins:

If a player has been removed from a roster by them they could place a simple-post in the match notes explaining why. Would prevent wondering by opponents ? If a player removed themselves & admin unaware but opponents notice & query why then this could also be indicated. Or admins could go even further to contact the player & ask reason.

Clear exchange of information between teams will prevent much misunderstanding...

very good view! but still we`ve not any comment about removed player. I don`t post because I`ve not it..simply, no1 has asked me about 1 removed player. But if one team removes 5-10 or more players then it`s something about cheating.

netzach

Yes but any instance of cheating will require proof so perhaps following the steps I outlined will help to focus such incidents ?

johanpalmaer

It's not mentioned that group admins heavily and systematically would removing certain amounts of players from the games. Some of you want to stop it definitively, while me and others want to keep a door open for minor removals. We normally avoid changing rules during the seasons, but it seem reasonable make a minor change to at least avoing systematical and heavily removals.

Such a rule may could be expressed like this:

"The group admins are not allowed to heavily remove players from the rosters before matches starts. By heavily we mean 5 or more players. Teams will get a warning first time they do it, in next game will they get penalty and loose a point, and finally if do it once again will they be disqualified from this season and placed in the lowest division for next season."

FORAA

we need to put our principal and then go onto the details.

first, all teams or at least the majority should have an agreement about that;

"removing weak players to balance the pairings is not allowed"

because some teams think it's their right to do that and some teams like mine, think it's a kind of cheating.

if you remove some players, who have very high timeout possibility, then it's very easy to make an explanation. you don't need to hide something. and timeout possibility is not something directly related to players rating.

johanpalmaer

Removing players due to their weaknesses are not cheating.

Would you call it cheating in football if the team leader choose to use the best players in their team? So that is for sure no cheating, it's just simple team match management. That is what the managers are for to consider and make decisions about; who should play and who shouldn't. Bad management is to force too weak players playing against too heavily stronger opponents.

Compare with a war. Is it ok that the leader sending his weakest soldiers towards the strongest and powerfullest opponents. I would say no. Sending out your mates just to be killed. That is for sure really bad management.

As a leader you need to promote you strong mates, and defend your weak mates.

FORAA

We consider that as a kind of cheating.

If you want to beat stronger teams, you need to make your team stronger.

It means you need to add more players to your team and teach them well to be a stronger team.

This requires more administration efforts and better teams spirit, to educate the new sign-ups.

Just removing the weak players is the easiest you can do as an administrator. You don't need to be a good admin, no need to have a good teams spirit. Just cut the tail, and that's all. 

If i do that and let's say i beat Team Russia, or Team Romania or Team Germany ,.... one of those very strong teams, can i say

"yes we deserved this win!"   ?

no i can't.  because i will ever know, those teams are in fact stronger than my Team Turkey.

netzach

How about increasing minimum players required to enter EL games ? as a kind of compromise on these two differing-viewpoints ?

FORAA
netzach wrote:

How about increasing minimum players required to enter EL games ? as a kind of compromise on these two differing-viewpoints ?

i have recently thought about the same idea. but have some doubts, if it's enough to avoid such situations.

adriano81

...cause hardly we can say Team India is the best national Team just because they have so many players 

concerning Omer's opinion about cutting the tail (or maybe it's Johan's one) I would go with Team Turkey admin, it's too unfair do not let your weak players to play against stronger opponents, instead of deleting them from the roster teach them and make your Team stronger.... we are here not for restrict purposes but we are here for improve purposes

DxN

Agree once more with Andriy