Forums

Art Deco Chess Set

Sort:
KnightsForkCafe

For starters I enjoy the art style of Art Deco. The geometric shapes and verticality of the design. The Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building in NYC are great and popular examples of Art Deco Architecture. There is also great examples of Art Deco in Tulsa OK. Boston Ave, Methodist Church being the most famous.

Speaking of Architecture, Frank Lloyd Wright was the Godfather of Art Deco Architecture Design. Years ago I came across a chess set that was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Actually the Garden Sprites are what he designed for Midway Gardens in Chicago IL. Anyways the Garden Sprites are scaled down and used as chess pieces. I have always like this set and the Art Deco design to the Garden Sprites.

https://chess.boutique/products/midway-gardens-chess-set-frank-lloyd-wright

LondonDungeon

Churches are cool buildings. I used to live across the street from this church.

blunder_punk

@KnightsForkCafe Like you, I'm a big fan of art deco, both exterior and interior. I have several art deco furniture pieces as well. I like the Frank Lloyd Wright chess set, but would love to see a review. I think one of the Amazon reviewers mentioned it wasn't too durable. I really wish FLW had designed a chess set rather than his work being adapted as one. I wish I had a 3D printer so I could fabricate my own art deco set. I'll find that under my "One Day" category.

P.S. I know this is an old post, but it came up in the google results so I wanted to Yes And you.