Forums

Good way to display chess sets?

Sort:
Wizard_Chess97

I love that last large set; beautiful board and piece design!

Jaionix

Thanks Bud wink.png

kumo827
@Jaionix, can you tell me where you got the cabinet/display for your chess sets? Thanks!
MrEdCollins

If you're looking for something quick and inexpensive, try one of the many different types of shoe racks that are available. (Amazon has dozens to choose from.) See attached photos.

For the first four years of its life, it WAS a shoe rack. That's why I bought it and that's what I was using it for. 
However, earlier this morning I also got the urge to want to display some of my chess sets, rather than just have them all packed away in my closet. After looking at a few photos for ideas, including finding this thread, I thought my shoe rack might work! 
I took the shoes off of it, I moved it to a new location, put the boards on, and... presto! Instant chess board display. I kinda like it. I have no room in my small condo to display them all in any other manner.

A short while ago I purchased another shoe rack, via Amazon, for my shoes, to replace the rack I now don't have. However, the one I ordered is long enough that it can display two full size tournament boards. (My current one is not quite long enough to do that.) So I might use the rack I ordered to display my sets. We'll figure that out after it arrives.
Not too bad of a solution... using materials I had here at home.

Forbinator97
MrEdCollins wrote:

If you're looking for something quick and inexpensive, try one of the many different types of shoe racks that are available. (Amazon has dozens to choose from.) See attached photos.

For the first four years of its life, it WAS a shoe rack. That's why I bought it and that's what I was using it for. 
However, earlier this morning I also got the urge to want to display some of my chess sets, rather than just have them all packed away in my closet. After looking at a few photos for ideas, including finding this thread, I thought my shoe rack might work! 
I took the shoes off of it, I moved it to a new location, put the boards on, and... presto! Instant chess board display. I kinda like it. I have no room in my small condo to display them all in any other manner.

A short while ago I purchased another shoe rack, via Amazon, for my shoes, to replace the rack I now don't have. However, the one I ordered is long enough that it can display two full size tournament boards. (My current one is not quite long enough to do that.) So I might use the rack I ordered to display my sets. We'll figure that out after it arrives.
Not too bad of a solution... using materials I had here at home.

This looks really great! Glad it came out so well. happy.png

Kadett_Roof

12" Acrylic Riser Display Stands

DesperateKingWalk

I use a 14 inch 4 tier wood display racks. Each rack will hold most chess sets perfectly even with a extra queen displayed. Then illuminated with lighting effects underneath the racks.

Forbinator97
DesperateKingWalk wrote:

I use a 14 inch 4 tier wood display racks. Each rack will hold most chess sets perfectly even with a extra queen displayed. Then illuminated with lighting effects underneath the racks.

oooh that's super nice! Love the backlight!