Forums

😎Can you beat the person above you in bullet😎

Sort:
falcon39

Rapid were around the sme rating, faster we go the worse I get though...

lydiacasasleal

no not easily

DPlayYT

Sometimes

continuedkrombopulos22

Probably like SQRT(80)% of the time

falcon39

Nahh, I disagree with your take on rapid chess.

continuedkrombopulos22

you couldn't count to 15 #2281

123tigerX

#2277 @WangTR I disagree and would argue that its actually bullet which is less chess skill. The amount of chess skill could be based on how deep they can think and how far they can calculate into the future.

123tigerX

The skill in bullet is half chess, half speed

ShikshaWithPraveen

Half chess, half speed? In my case, half internet too.

continuedkrombopulos22

Hikaru probably couldn't beat me in a 200 year time limit chess match

continuedkrombopulos22

It doesn't matter because it's 200 years so whoever dies first loses

123tigerX

#2293 I would say that being good at bullet isn't all your chess ability-if two players are just both spamming premoves, both with less than 2 seconds in an even board position then the winner would be the player with the highest mouse speed or better WiFi, rather than the more skilled chess player.

123tigerX

Although you could argue that factors like reflexes, situation awareness and board vision are skills which are part of bullet, the WiFi connection and mouse speed are not.

123tigerX

I still disagree with people when they say "bullet isn't real chess", I'm just saying its another aspect of chess which relies on other factors unrelated to actual chess skill.

SmrekarjevPamz

yup

123tigerX

GG Jared

continuedkrombopulos22

Truth is that a 1200 rated chess player could beat a 1600 rapid chess player.

HumbleCrumb

#2299 so bullet is kinda pay to win

continuedkrombopulos22
WangTR wrote:

Who taught you that,He can transmit his mind to the computer and play chess with you there and you will get totally destroyed because he has access to stockfish

I watched a video about this made by Kurzgesagt (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b33NTAuF5E), it may or may not be possible but assuming it'll take us another 500 years to develop that type of technology, I don't think so. Also, if he using stockfish then that would be considered cheating in terms of FIDE laws.

HumbleCrumb

What's otb bullet?