I'm Unmuted But...

llama

Last mute made me realize that, on the whole, I don't like this community... and on the whole they don't like me either.

A mute is like a trial separation. It's like your partner saying:  "you know you really are intolerable, and I think it'd be better if you weren't around."

So I guess this post is me saying, yeah, you're right, and it's been a long time coming, and we'll both be happier apart.

I'm not closing my account. I might want to play games here or use other features, but I don't want to use this site for any community aspects...

... so why make a post to the community about it? Because I've known some people here for 5 to 10 years, and it's polite for me to say goodbye.

ToastyPosition

I feel the same way when picking my nose. I want the option to be there, but I don't want people around me thinking I want to do it regularly.

TheCalculatorKid

Not seen you posting before.

llama
TheCalculatorKid wrote:

Incorrect.

Not only did I post 6 times in only one of your topics (link below) you quoted one of my posts and interacted with me.

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/anyone-else-feel-cheated-by-those-who-are-quick-to-resign

Signal25
ToastyPosition wrote:

I feel the same way when picking my nose. I want the option to be there, but I don't want people around me thinking I want to do it regularly.

Lol

Darren6668

Ok?

alpha_zer000

Ive never been muted...but ppl still hate me sad.png

BUT HATERS GONNA HATE happy.png

AtaChess68

Hm. I am quite new to this forum and I liked your posts last months.

I fact I have been wondering what you did to get a mute since most of your posts are constructive. I didn’t ask because I didn’t want to get involved in the troll fuss that was going on a few weeks ago.

Anyway, I don’t know if ‘the community’ likes you, but I do :-)

Yu-Hopkins

Good bye, dude. Whatever you think is right for you. You have been an awesome user so far.   I'll miss your activities here.    

SNUDOO

sad. See you then, llama...

Lc0_1
llama wrote:

Last mute made me realize that, on the whole, I don't like this community... and on the whole they don't like me either.

A mute is like a trial separation. It's like your partner saying:  "you know you really are intolerable, and I think it'd be better if you weren't around."

So I guess this post is me saying, yeah, you're right, and it's been a long time coming, and we'll both be happier apart.

I'm not closing my account. I might want to play games here or use other features, but I don't want to use this site for any community aspects...

... so why make a post to the community about it? Because I've known some people here for 5 to 10 years, and it's polite for me to say goodbye.

I am feeling the same way llama. I'm done with this. I wish there was a setting to turn off my access to the forums. I'm not checking my PMs and don't want to, I think I have at least 400 unread messages. Like llama, I'll be here but not here. 

Now that I'm looking back, I never really was happy on the forums. I'm much happier being mod on discord and helping people. Don't expect to see me here as often. 

I've found a better and much more friendly group of people who care about chess as much as I do. 

Cya!

And llama, sad to see you go, we will miss you. 

autobunny
llama wrote:

Last mute made me realize that, on the whole, I don't like this community... and on the whole they don't like me either.*snip*

But you're our resident llama.  You can't just abandon us. 

the community will not be the same. 

autobunny
ToastyPosition wrote:

You call that a nose? 

autobunny
llama wrote:
TheCalculatorKid wrote:

Incorrect.

Not only did I post 6 times in only one of your topics (link below) you quoted one of my posts and interacted with me.

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/anyone-else-feel-cheated-by-those-who-are-quick-to-resign

That calculator model may have limited persistent memory. 

hvenki

f in the chat, lc0 toosad.png I might stop as well

IMBacon
llama wrote:

Congrats Llama!  You are on your way to a healthier life style,.

KnightAttack1567

Goodbye

sad.png

KnightAttack1567

Why is everybody leaving?

autobunny
TumpaiTubo wrote:
Evidently llama works for a Chess.com competitor just like LCO_1. What a bunch of whiny little girls.

No that's the other lama.

It's a conspiracy to spoil the name of our beloved llama.  Otherwise it would have been called llichess. 

autobunny
KnightAttack1567 wrote:

Why is everybody leaving?

Free donuts