Forums

in addition to the changing flag gesture, i will add this pfp as fun

Sort:
Kowarenai

i chose Korobov as my pfp along with the ukrain flag as a gesture, we believe in ukrain and hope all the players can make it out safely. this will be a fun pfp and i hope more people can join in the small gesture by either changing their pfps to a ukrainian fav chess player or the ukrainian flag of course. here is the original thread https://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/i-changed-my-flag

ART_1688.jpg

Batman2508
Kowarenai wrote:

i chose Korobov as my pfp along with the ukrain flag as a gesture, we believe in ukrain and hope all the players can make it out safely. this will be a fun pfp and i hope more people can join in the small gesture by either changing their pfps to a ukrainian fav chess player or the ukrainian flag of course. here is the original thread https://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/i-changed-my-flag

he kind of looks like you in your last profile pic wink.png

Kowarenai
Batman2508 wrote:
Kowarenai wrote:

he kind of looks like you in your last profile pic

tbh your so right... i see the resemblance omg lol

BattleSoldier

When this is all over, I want to visit Ukraine, spend my tourist dollars there to rebuild, and meet the impressive individuals of Ukraine.

Woollensock2

Woollensock2

This photo of Ukrainien Grand Master Vasyl Ivanchuk will be my new profile picture 

Woollensock2
Ginarook would you care to explain to me, why you’ve blocked me ! ….just asking 🤷‍♂️
Woollensock2
Can you please unmix me ! ……thanks 🙏
Woollensock2
I tried posting on one of your thread’s, but was unable to !
Pulpofeira

Easy choice.

Woollensock2
Thanks 🙏 ……btw the thread in question was regarding the mod who’s blocking all the Ukraine threads .
kvasir3

I think this is a nice gesture. I don't follow Chess much as spectator, so I know noting. Who are the most famous Ukrainian chess players? What are their best pictures? What about their funniest pictures?

minidangelo
Ginarook wrote:

I have just looked at my list of members I have blocked , you are not on it ??

why zygomorf?? he's my mentor! haha 

ChessDogeNiranjan

hey wooly pfp looking good!

ChessDogeNiranjan

i chose shevchenko

little_guinea_pig

time for kajarkin pfp

(just kidding)

porkqupine
NervesofButter написал:

I added this...

Bruh. Ukranians won't appreciate the picture. In post-Soviet jargon the word "rooster" has a very... offensive conotation. Basically it's a word from criminal argo meaning "a man who is violated in prison". Nowadays, it became less associated with the criminal world and became something like a derogatory term for someone who's all words and no action, like a skinny fourteen-old kid who talks big on the internet (a simple example, but it illustrates the point).

So if anything, your picture looks like mockery, especially cruel in times like this. Nobody's gonna read whatever's written there, they'll just see a rooster with the Ukranian flag.