Forums

Why are religious discussions unallowed on chess.com?

Sort:
Capabotvikhine

I tried to answer this one honestly and got banned for answering. RLM- religious lives matter. 

TrooperChessOrTC

For real! Why though?

Capabotvikhine

I don't even know what I said that did it. But all my posts were deleted for 24 hours and I could not post to anything. 

RussBell

Martin_Stahl
Morphys-Revenge wrote:

I tried to answer this one honestly and got banned for answering. RLM- religious lives matter. 

You were hit by the auto-filters for word choice.

Former_mod_david

Profanity is not okay in the public forums, which is why the auto filter automatically muted your account - if you keep on using the same language, those temporary mutes will increase in duration.

Chess.com's experience of political and religious discussion is that it rapidly descends into personal attacks and insults from multiple persons on multiple sides of the debate, so Chess.com has decided that we won't even allow that to start in the public forums. You can still discuss them in a private club.

Lc0_1

open discussion is one of the clubs (if the only one) that publicly allows it, but usually people don't argue too much. just recent news (mostly)

gmgregchess

The reason why politics and religion are not allowed is because it usually sparks arguments that you do need 

TrooperChessOrTC
Lc0_1 wrote:

open discussion is one of the clubs (if the only one) that publicly allows it, but usually people don't argue too much. just recent news (mostly)

There are many Discussion groups now.

Capabotvikhine

There are so many threads on this site that involve politics especially, and religion. 

Lc0_1
Morphys-Revenge wrote:

There are so many threads on this site that involve politics especially, and religion. 

Too many...