Forums

Mouse pad/vinyl board

Sort:
Methos1979

Does anyone make a roll up board that is made of mouse pad material but has a vinyl or other smooth top surface?  I have an old mouse pad roll up board but the top surface is more cloth-like and the various felt-bottomed chess pieces I use don't slide well like they do on a vinyl board.

Just wondering if anyone knows of this type of combo!

tfulk

I have just purchased a set that is on it's way to me right now. I did extensive research, and I can tell you that in all the places I looked, and that is all of the major and even not so major retailers, there seems to be no such item. It's too bad, though, because I like aspects of both the vinyl and the mousepad boards. The mousepads flop out completely flat so easily. The pieces move so nicely on vinyls, and are easy to clean. *sigh* .... maybe silicone ? Those are out now, but I'm not familiar with them.

Methos1979

Yes, that is the problem I'm having as well.  I'm thinking of sacrificing a mouse pad and vinyl board and seeing if I can glue a vinyl board on top to create what I'm envisioning.  Since both are inexpensive anyway, why not?  I just have to find the right type of adhesive.  I'll let you know what I find out and if I attempt it, how it comes out!

tfulk

I've thought of that, Methos........ and wholesalechess.com has crazy cheap prices on seconds. Vinyls for 1.49 and mousepads for 2.49 I think. If you are getting something else anyway, their shipping over $25 is only 4.95 and over $50 is free. Check their button called scratch & dent. I am interested in the result if you try that out!