Forums

Question About Chess King 2017

Sort:
JayLefler

I've read the reviews on this software and it looks great. I only have one more question before potentially purchasing this software.

Can I set up a board with any combination I want and then "play the computer" from this starting position? I have a LOT of games that get abandoned or players resign and I'd like to see how I would perform if the game is finished out.

Ronbo710

The only thing I remember about Chess King was I think I bought some parachute pants there back in the '80's. Sorry wink.png.

Rsava

One thing to think about with Chess King.

I purchased for a Mac as it was advertised as "Mac software" (and it still is advertised as "Mac & PC Versions").

However, it is not in any way, shape or form Mac software. It runs in a Wine Bottle (it is a way to run Windows programs on a Mac). 

When I complained and said I wanted my money back they called me a liar and said I did not know what I was talking about.

When I presented screen shots showing that it actually was that, they still refused to give me my money back.

I had to threaten to go to my State's Attorney General to have them go after them for false advertising did they finally give me my money back.

I would think twice about doing business with people who lie like that. 

ed1975

conversely they have always been pleasant to me.

JayLefler

Thanks for info. I ended up going with Fritz 15.

tillchess64

ChessKing  is crap compared to Chessbase or even ChessX or Hiarcs especially they run a Windows version in Wine for Mac