Forums

Hello! Can anyone tell me techniques to win some chess tournaments? Thanks

Sort:
btsismylife_taekook1

Hey! Can I have some techniques and tips to win my tournament? I and my classmates have planned some independent tournaments within us, and I'm losing. Can you all give me tips to win? I haven't played in years, so I am rusty too. Thanks

MrOOF1000

bb.pngTry to analyse the game 

try to kill most of the pawns (Most important: the king)

try to win by more time 

happy.png wish u good luck for the future and I can teach u a little

by playing some games with you

make a 2 way trap to kill the king

try playing 3 checker chess - that will help u

good luck once again

amowar

ya

Kanav_agarwal

good luck everyone

btsismylife_taekook1

wait, so my friends here can see my posts?

Kanav_agarwal

try capturing the queens, then rooks, then bishops, then knights, and then pawns. Also use tricks such as fork. Yo may also got to learn and over there, there are lessons.

Kanav_agarwal

yes

btsismylife_taekook1
Kanav_agarwal wrote:

try capturing the queens, then rooks, then bishops, then knights, and then pawns. Also use tricks such as fork. Yo may also got to learn and over there, there are lessons.

but it says I need premium for lessons. 

Kanav_agarwal

it gives some lessons for free.

You can attempt those

btsismylife_taekook1
Kanav_agarwal wrote:

You can attempt those

thanks

Kanav_agarwal
btsismylife_taekook1 wrote:
Kanav_agarwal wrote:

You can attempt those

thanks

welcome

thai3

Get your opponent drunk works well

glamdring27

Play good chess

amowar

try to be strategic

link your pieces

IJELLYBEANS

Follow the very rudimentary principles of chess such as developing your pieces towards the centre, castling, etc. Then, build on it in some highly creative way, thinking about positional threats and seeing any loopholes in your opponent’s thinking that you may be able to exploit. Easier said than done, but I recommend you develop these skills, for they will be efficacious.

blueemu

Ruy Lopez de Segura (who first documented the Ruy Lopez opening) suggested placing the chess-board so that the sun reflected into the opponent's eyes.

IJELLYBEANS
blueemu wrote:

Ruy Lopez de Segura (who first documented the Ruy Lopez opening) suggested placing the chess-board so that the sun reflected into the opponent's eyes.

Really? In that case, Magnus Carlsen advocates playing in the Land of the Midnight Sun for a game at night, such that the sun is continually reflected into the opponent’s eyes.

blueemu

William Hartston advocated playing at your own house, with a specific chair for you and one for your habitual opponent. Every week, before your opponent arrives for the regular chess game, you should saw a half a centimeter off all four legs of your opponent's chair. So as the weeks go by, he will slowly sink into the ground while you gradually begin to tower over him like a chess demi-god.

MrOOF1000

one more could be make  a two way trap to get the king out of the game

on chess.com, u can only make ur move fast and let the opponent not notice.

good luck 4 the future

Capabotvikhine

You have been on this site for 24 days. You have played a whopping 8 games and lost every one. Are you sure you are here for the chess? Or is this about something else?