Rated 1000-1400? Lessons to Accelerate Your Progress - First Lesson FREE

FangBo

Hi there,

I am Mark, aged 18 years old, a tournament chess player, with 2 year's experience of coaching beginner/novice chess players, and am currently taking on new students.

So far, the highlights of my career are winning Frodsham Minor 2018 , and beating a 2000+ player with the Dutch defence. 

My FIDE rating is currently 1721.

I first start off by ensuring that my student is up to scratch with basic tactics, then I cover theoretical endgames, such as pure pawn endings and rook endings. I also analyse my students' games, to see where they can improve. 

I set homework each week, and can give advice on what books to get etc.

Lessons are done through skype screen share.

The fee is £15/ hr (first 30 minute lesson FREE).

If you are interested, then send me a message on chess.com and we can begin.

MiddlegamerUmesh

Long time no see grin.png Wish you good luck happy.png Is that you in the pic?

FangBo
MiddlegamerUmesh wrote:

Long time no see  Wish you good luck  Is that you in the pic?

Hi old pal! 

Yes that is indeed me in the pic.

Thanks for taking an interest happy.png

MiddlegamerUmesh

Can we play a game? I want to see if our record is going to remain the same grin.png

FangBo
MiddlegamerUmesh wrote:

Can we play a game? I want to see if our record is going to remain the same

Okay, I will play you just the one game - 5 minutes flat. I'll be in live...

Mi_Amigo

Fang hasn't been online for four days

FangBo
Mi_Amigo wrote:

Fang hasn't been online for four days

Back again!

Tucktuck24

Hey Fang, do you have Lichess? I’m interested in playing some games (though I’m about 1600 USCF)

FangBo
Tucktuck24 wrote:

Hey Fang, do you have Lichess? I’m interested in playing some games (though I’m about 1600 USCF)

At the moment I only give lessons to players rated 1400 or less, because otherwise the difference in ability of student and coach is too small. If my rating increases, then I will increase this number. What sort of game did you have in mind? One at long time controls or blitz, or something else ?

TopSpin54

Hey

bravo4brandon
I’d be willing to get a lesson! I’ve been playing chess on this app for a year now and have about 5,000 games but haven’t passed the 1300 mark. Part of its because I’m stubborn and don’t want to study chess moves, openings and other things because I want to figure it out on my own. But my basics could probably use help on making a strong foundation.
FangBo
bravo4brandon wrote:
I’d be willing to get a lesson! I’ve been playing chess on this app for a year now and have about 5,000 games but haven’t passed the 1300 mark. Part of its because I’m stubborn and don’t want to study chess moves, openings and other things because I want to figure it out on my own. But my basics could probably use help on making a strong foundation.

hi there,

Glad you are interested,

I have sent you a PM with the details.